0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2016 8:38 AM by taylorsharpe

File not opening:  FMP 15.0.2 to FMS 15.0.1 on Mac OS X 10.11

taylorsharpe

I have a client with a strange situation.  They have two files on a FileMaker Server 15.0.1 running on Mac OS X 10.11.6.  They have a Mac Book Pro on 10.11.6 with FMP 15.0.2.  They can open one of the files from this Mac, but not the other.  And it doesn't matter which account you use.  It won't work on my [Full Access] account either.  I can go to any other computer and it will work.  But what is really weird is that one file will open, but the other will not (both on same server).

I reinstalled FMP to no avail.  Finally I just created a new OS account on the laptop and it now works fine from the new account.  Obviously there is a corruption or problem with the first OS account.  But I would expect that it would fail for both files and not one.  Or that it would fail for a given privilege set and not another.  Both files have the same accounts and passwords (FileMaker security, not OD).  I was curious if anyone else saw this problem before and if there was a fix other than making a new OS account.  No big deal if we just want to mark it up to corruption, but thought I would inquire.

PS:  After playing around some more on it, I'm suspecting this might have something to do with the FileName having a space in it.