1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 29, 2016 11:35 PM by philmodjunk

Global values in dynamically generated form

sivagurS

Hi,

I have a form inside a portal wherein all the objects inside the portal are generated dynamically.

i.e. When the user clicks on the Test button, I run a script, which gets the different tasks under that test.

These tasks are coming from a ESS table: Table_Tasks.

This Table_Tasks has columns GroupName,Task_Name and UIElementControlType and UserResponse.

Each GroupName will have any number of tasks to it and each task will have it's own UIElementControlType and UserResponse

For Example :

GroupNameTaskNameUIElementControlTypeUserResponse
      GeneralNameEditboxUserResponse_Name
      GeneralDepartmentDropDownListUserResponse_Dept
      GeneralBillableRadioButtonListUserResponse_Billable
      GeneralDateDatePickerUserResponse_Date

I have achieved to display the different Groups in different panels and Group the tasks according to the GroupNames.

The UserResponse for each TaskName will be different.

This works finewhen I don't declare the UserResponse Field as global.

But to keep the values unique across different client files I have to declare the UserResponse Field Global.

I cannot create different table fields as each Test and each task is obtained dynamically.

Hope I have explained my problem clearly.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Global values in dynamically generated form
          philmodjunk

Does each row of text in your example represent a portal row in a single portal?

And why exactly must the user responses be global fields?

Why not make them fields from a table related to the portal table using a relationship that keeps each user's responses separate from another's. The method I have used in the past would use a single global field in the portal table, but the responses would not be global.