1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 30, 2016 10:49 AM by DrewTenenholz

Re-Login Not Bringning In Limited Permission Sets on Tables

user27070

Hello Everyone!

This is the issue im having.

Lets say I have 3 FileMaker 15 files (MGMT, 2017, 2016) with 2 permission sets on each, Full access and a Limited permission set (Branch manager)

The permission sets on each file all have the same name and password.

On one of the files (which is the management file) connects to tables from the other two files of which one contains a quote list of the current year.

The quote list access are as followed:

full access - can see every quote

Branch Manager - can only see quotes inside their branch. Everything else should say no access

however from the management file if I log in as admin I can see every file, if use the re-login script to log in as a branch manager I can still see every file.

this also works backwards, if I launch the management file and log in as a branch manager I only see my branches quotes. However if I use the re login script step to log in as admin, I can still only see the records of the last manager I was logged in as.

It seems to me its not refreshing the permission set on the 2017 / 2016 files yet it refreshes on the management file.

i can solve this by forcing the users to close the entire fire and re launch the management file however its a pain.

any suggestions???