8 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2016 9:18 AM by Jean-Francois

FileMaker GO 15 crash with insert from device

thmermillod

Hello,

I am using 'insert from device' to capture a QRCode and fill the database.

here is a summer of the different configuration I tested :

iPad 3 running iOS 9.3.5 + FM GO 14 : OK

iPad 3 running iOS 9.3.5 + FM GO 15 : crash

iPad pro running iOS 10.0.2 + FM GO 15 : OK

I use following options in 'insert from device' :

camera : front, résolution : medium.

Does somebody else has that problem ?

Is it a bug ?

Regards, Thomas

• 1. Re: FileMaker GO 15 crash with insert from device
          TSGal

thmermillod:

Thank you for your post.

The iPad 3rd generation is a non-supported device for FileMaker Go 15.  Please see Knowledge Base Article #16158:

System Requirements for FileMaker Go 15 | FileMaker

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FileMaker GO 15 crash with insert from device
            thmermillod

that's incredible : you launch a new release and 3 months after you publish the system requirement with new unsupported hardware ... for those who bought that release, you just have to buy new iPads to use the new features !

The worst is that you made the choice to unsupport these hardware since they can run iOS 9.

• 3. Re: FileMaker GO 15 crash with insert from device
              TSGal

thmermillod:

I have access to an iPad 3rd generation running iOS 9.3.5 (13G36), and I have FileMaker Go 15.0.2 installed.  Here are the steps I took:

1. Using FileMaker Pro 15.0.2, I created a database file with a Container field named "Container".

2. I created a button executing the Single Step:

Insert from Device [ Table::Container ; Camera ; Camera: Front ; Resolution: Medium ]

3. I closed the file, and using iTunes, I transferred the file over to the iPad 3rd generation.

4. I launched FileMaker Go 15.0.2, opened the file, created a new record, and tapped the button.

The picture was taken, and the image appears in the Container field.  No crash.

Let me know what I am doing differently than you so I can try to replicate the crash.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: FileMaker GO 15 crash with insert from device
                thmermillod

Hi,

the differences I saw are :

- in Insert from devise function, type is barcode (only QRcode is selected)

- the database is stored on the FileMaker Server

I confirm the iPad is running iOS 9.3.5 (13G36) and FIleMaker GO 15.0.2

• 5. Re: FileMaker GO 15 crash with insert from device
                  TSGal

thmermillod:

Thank you for the clarification.

I can replicate the crash using the front camera.  I do not get a crash when I use the rear camera.

If you must use the front camera, then continue using FileMaker Go 14.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 6. Re: FileMaker GO 15 crash with insert from device
                    Jean-Francois

Hi I have similar issues, I didn't open a new thread since it's almost the same problem.

Database is hosted on FMS14.04

iPhone SE iOS 10 (or 9.3.3) using FMGo 15

The same database was used with FMGo 13 and work OK, jump to FMGo15 and user gets constant crash when trying to add pictures, the dialogue for selecting from is not even display, so I can't take pictures, switch camera side or select from the device... Users have limited privilege set.

I have noticed this:

When I use will full privilege account on my iPhone 6s FMGo15 no problem

Same device, it's crashing when I use with a test account that is a member of a privilege set that have limited right to EDIT or DELETE records based on calculation (only the user that creates the record can edit or delete these records and only the day that he took the picture). No restriction set to create new records.

Case(

Count(JOBP_JC0703)=0;1;

Get ( CurrentDate ) = JOBP_Date_Creation and JOBP_UserC = Get ( AccountName )

)

We deploy mobile apps with MDM, So I pushed the FMGo14 and deleted the FMGo15 on the devices and now users that are members of that privilege set can now use the insert picture function without any issues.

So it point to the mobile apps, not the iOS or the iPhone...

• 7. Re: FileMaker GO 15 crash with insert from device
                      TSGal

Jean-Francois:

Thank you for your post.

Our Development and Testing departments have requested a copy of your solution so they can test it here.  I have sent you a private message with instructions where to send the file.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 8. Re: FileMaker GO 15 crash with insert from device
                        Jean-Francois

Thanks, I will try to make a smaller version with the same setup, as my file use SQL connection and it contain sensible data/info that I don't want out of this office !

If it's doing the same, I will e-mail it to you, if not... I will see what step I will take to send a clone of the file.