12 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2016 9:03 AM by cranstonit

15.0.2.220 Mac Updater problems

positivey

Download:

Why is the updater not available as a download - I have multiple copies to update and using the app based updater is annoying and downloading every time instead of once only - server update is available as a download!

Not available in Pro and UC:

Pro and UC do not give the option to update - greyed out in the menu

Can't handle multiple installs on the one computer:

I have Pro, UC and Advanced installed on the one Mac for testing purposes.

I ran the update request from Advanced and it successfully updated (restarted and checked version), but it did not update Pro and UC.

From Advanced I selected Check for Updates again - it indicated the need to update again - screen grab attached (presumably because the other copies are not updated).  I allowed it to update.  It has damaged Advanced and so will now not run, and Pro and UC have still not been updated.  So I'll have to install Advanced again and do the update again - annoying and not up to the usual FM standard!

• 1. Re: 15.0.2.220 Mac Updater problems
          TSPigeon

positivey:

Thank you for your post.

The client updaters are currently not available on the website. The proper route to go for network installs would be the Full Installer of FileMaker Pro 15.0.2 available on your Software Download Page.

When installed with “AI_DISABLEUPDATENOTIFY” set to “1” in the "Assisted Install.txt" the "Check for Updates..." option will be greyed out. This is expected so that endusers are unable to run the update.

Testing and Development is aware of the update notification issue. If the version is up to date, you can disregard the update. This might be resolved on Mac OS X by removing the com.filemaker.client.pro12.plist file in the "[User account] -> Library -> Preferences" folder. On Windows, remove the FileMaker Folders located at:

C:/Users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/

C:/Users/<UserName>/AppData/Roaming/

I will add you to the original report and let you know when further information is available.

I am also going to move this thread from the FileMaker Community Feedback Space, which is specifically for input on the Community itself, to the Discussions Space where you should receive more views and potentially more advice on this topic!

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: 15.0.2.220 Mac Updater problems
            Markus Schneider

There is a feature request for standalone installers...

In app updates, KEEP standalone installers too

2 of 2 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: 15.0.2.220 Mac Updater problems
              stevemurray

We have over 100 client stations to update.  Not knowing about the new client in-app update requirement, we disabled the notification, (which also disables the menu item) during the original installs of 15.01.  Clearing the pref files from the user directory does not appear to restore the 'update" help menu option. I have tried the full install of 15.02, but I have to first uninstall 15.01 for the full install to work.

Doing an uninstall and a full version re-install... for 100 + users will take days/weeks... We really need the stand alone updater ASAP.  Don't see other options at this point.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: 15.0.2.220 Mac Updater problems
                TSGal

stevemurray:

To clear up any misconception, you do not need to uninstall 15.0.1 when installing 15.0.2.  Although a standalone updater is smaller in size, the full installer will work.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: 15.0.2.220 Mac Updater problems
                  stevemurray

When I try to use the 15.02 full install (Windows), I received this error dialog...

"Another version of this product is already installed.  Installation of this version cannot continue.  To configure or remove th existing version of this product, use Add/Remove Programs on the control Panel"

I did the uninstall as instructed and 15.02 installed successfully.

- Steve

• 6. Re: 15.0.2.220 Mac Updater problems
                    TSGal

stevemurray:

This forum thread is related to the Mac updater.  For Windows, there are updaters available for download, and they can be accessed via our Downloads page at:    Get A FileMaker Download or Database Update | FileMaker

Yes, if you try to use the full installer under Windows, you will get the message that another version is installed.  Uninstalling and installing a full version of FileMaker Pro 15.0.2 is fine, or you could have just used the updater.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 7. Re: 15.0.2.220 Mac Updater problems
                      stevemurray

OK.  This will be my last "intrusion" on the Mac thread, but just for the record, there are no stand-alone 15.02 client updater being offered, at least following the link that you provided, or it is well hidden and I just can't find it.

Thanks

• 8. Re: 15.0.2.220 Mac Updater problems
                        TSGal

stevemurray:

My apologies.  The information I had was incorrect.  The FileMaker Pro 15.0.2 updater (Windows and Mac) is not currently available for download.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 9. Re: 15.0.2.220 Mac Updater problems
                          TSGal

stevemurray:

The FileMaker Pro 15.0.2 updater for Windows has been made available.

Software Update: FileMaker Pro and FileMaker Pro Advanced 15.0.2 | FileMaker

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 10. Re: 15.0.2.220 Mac Updater problems
                            Markus Schneider

Thank You very much TSGal!

For MacOS - will be an updater available as well in the near future? Or is MacOS no longer 'designed' for bigger workgroups and therefore this 'single-user-method' remains?

• 11. Re: 15.0.2.220 Mac Updater problems
                              TSGal

Markus Schneider:

Unknown at this time.  Mac users can still use the full installer, as it will write over the FileMaker Pro 15.0.1 installation.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 12. Re: 15.0.2.220 Mac Updater problems
                                cranstonit

A pkg file with just the update can be obtained using the steps below:

1. Install FileMaker 15.0.1 on a computer
                                2. Select "Check for updates" and select the option to download the update.   Do NOT run the update, just download it.
                                3. Launch the Console.app and check the log files.   You will see an entry for FileMaker Pro / Sparkle that will show the file path where the update pkg file was downloaded.
                                4. Copy the pkg file to a different location. Otherwise FileMaker will delete the file as soon as you cancel or install the update.
                                5. Run the update pkg file on your managed computers using your favorite management software (FileWave, Jamf, ARD, etc...)
                                1 of 1 people found this helpful