I have discovered a reproducible bug that always crashes our copy of FileMaker Pro Advanced 15.0.1 running on Windows Server 2012R2. This bug involves files with over 2 million records in them when trying to perform an "update matching records in found set" import.
I have been able to reproduce this bug 4 different ways:
- I have been able to reproduce this bug with 2 local files sitting on my desktop.
- I have been able to reproduce this bug with 2 files hosted on FileMaker Server.
- I have been able to reproduce this bug with pre-existing files that have existed for years (there is no corruption in the files).
- I have been able to reproduce this bug with brand new files created from scratch as well.
I can email you my test files to help you recreate this problem on your end as well, but in a nutshell, here's what happens:
1. Open up File A, which has 2.1 million records in it. Show All Records.
2. Open up File B, which has 2.5 million records in it. Show All Records.
3. In File A, pull down from "File" to "Import Records...", and choose "Update Matching Records In Found Set". Do NOT check "Add remaining data as new records".
4. In the list of fields to import, choose 2 number fields as the "match fields". Import all the rest of the fields. There are no fields that are set to auto-enter.
5. Because of the large number of records, FileMaker will take several hours to perform this operation. This is fine. No problems yet.
6. However, after FileMaker gets to approximately the halfway point (approximately 1.25 million records), FileMaker Pro Advanced will completely crash and Windows will give us a crash dialog box that tells us that FileMaker Pro Advanced has crashed. This has happened to us all 4 times that we have tried this, as outlined above.
Please let me know if you would like me to send you my test files.