7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2016 1:54 PM by philmodjunk

POS - Cashier Check-out balance Report

Kishan_Canoo

I have a pos solution, i need to create a balance report based on current date and cashier account name, so as to be able to get the total balance before check-out at the end of the day. I have created a button CASHIER CHECK OUT and at the end of the day the cashier can check physically his income and the balance on the report figure equaled. Any idea i can automate this process via a script?

• 1. Re: POS - Cashier Check-out balance Report
          philmodjunk

I have created a button CASHIER CHECK OUT and at the end of the day the cashier can check physically his income and the balance on the report figure equaled. Any idea i can automate this process via a script?

But clicking a button uses a script to produce the needed report correct? Doesn't that mean that it's already automated?

What is it that you want to see happen that isn't happening now?

• 2. Re: POS - Cashier Check-out balance Report
            Kishan_Canoo

HelloCheck-Out.jpg,

As per attached you will see a script created for the current date transaction an it works fine.

Now based on the result i need to get the current account name which is admin on the same script.

Thanks for your help.

• 3. Re: POS - Cashier Check-out balance Report
              philmodjunk

Get it from where? the field shown or via Get ( accountName )--which will be the account name currently used to log into FileMaker.?

And put it where?

To do what?

It would also be helpful to know what criteria you are specifying in that find.

Please note that "account name" and "user name" are not the same thing. User names come from FileMaker Preferences. Account names come from the current user's log in credentials and are set in Manage Security. Often in FileMaker, the same text is used for the user and account names, but not always so there can be confusion over which is which if you are not careful. You've indicated that you want the account name but your screen shot shows a column labeled "user name", hence I am pointing out this detail to you.

• 4. Re: POS - Cashier Check-out balance Report
                Kishan_Canoo

Normally it is a Account Name.

I have been able to create the current date script as per attached picture , and now i do not have any ideas how i can improve the script to get the current account name from the current user.

As you can see on the attached report we have the current date, but with all the account name.

• 5. Re: POS - Cashier Check-out balance Report
                  philmodjunk

i do not have any ideas how i can improve the script to get the current account name from the current user.

Get ( AccountName ) will return the current user's account name.

And Text fields can be set up to auto-enter the current user's account name as well.

• 6. Re: POS - Cashier Check-out balance Report
                    Kishan_Canoo

Hello Phil,

How i can add the Get (AccountName) to my script so as to get the list of Current Date and Current AccountName at the same time.The list will determine the revenue of the present cashier.

• 7. Re: POS - Cashier Check-out balance Report
                      philmodjunk

Are you performing a find or matching to related records? Either method can produce what you describe.

Say a find for now:

Enter Find Mode []
                      Set Field [YourTable::accountName ; Get ( accountName ) ]
                      Set Field [YourTable::Date ; Get ( CurrentDate ) ]

Set Error Capture [on]

Perform Find []