WBullard

Save to PDF doesn't work in 15.0.2.220 in Windows 10

This feature worked in 15.0.1

This is real problem for my clients.

• 1. Re: Can't save to PDF in 15.02
          TSGal

WBullard:

Thank you for your post.

Using FileMaker Pro 15.0.2 under Windows 10, I am able to Save as PDF, and the resulting PDF opens with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.

Could you explain what you mean by "doesn't work"?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Can't save to PDF in 15.02
            WBullard

When I call the "Save as PDF" function or go to Preview and click on the "Save as PDF" icon I get the error below:

Screenshot_100316_044203_PM.jpg

Two of our clients have had the same problem today. They are running Windows, but I don't know what version.

• 3. Re: Can't save to PDF in 15.02
              WBullard

Using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 2015 Release | Version 2015.017.20053

• 4. Re: Can't save to PDF in 15.02
                TSGal

WBullard:

Thank you for the additional information.

Does the issue occur with all database files or just one file in particular?  For example, create a new database file with one field, enter one record, and try saving to PDF.  Does this work?

If the issue only occurs with one file, switch to another layout and see if you can replicate the issue.

In case the cause is data related, create a new layout, place a Number field on the layout and try saving to PDF.

Since I cannot replicate the error message, any other information you can provide may be helpful in narrowing down the possible causes.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: Can't save to PDF in 15.02
                  WBullard

I can save PDFs in 15.0.2 in new layouts. Barely. If add much text to the new layout (15 characters) the error message reappears.

If I go back to FMP 14, everything works correctly. FMP 15.0.1 worked correctly. It is just 15.0.2

It has happened in three different databases and in unrelated layouts.

• 6. Re: Can't save to PDF in 15.02
                    jonbjork

I've also been having Save to PDF issues. I'm having the problem whereby Acrobat can't open PDFs from a particular layout. After I upgraded to 15.02 and Windows 10 Anniversary Version about a week ago, Save to PDF gives me the same dialog you mentioned.

I examined my access privs for the folder I was saving to, and write privs are enabled. The disk has plenty of room on it. All these scripts have been working well for years. I experimented with a straight Save as PDF from the main File menu and get the same error. So this isn't script or file path related as far as I can see.

This is causing me big problems right now, as I'm forced to manually print these layouts and scan the result to forward to my clients.

• 7. Re: Can't save to PDF in 15.02
                      gcatnine

I had the same problem and I found that some fonts in the layout create the problem (I already submitted a report).

For instance there is the problem using Arial Narrow, but it is not the only one.

Try to use a different font in the layout.

• 8. Re: Can't save to PDF in 15.02
                        WBullard

How to replicate this problem:

1. Create a new layout
                        2. Add a few fields to the layout
                        3. Try to save to PDF - will not save

The only way I can get it to save to PDF is to create a new layout, add 10 text characters. Add a data field and it won't wor.

• 9. Re: Can't save to PDF in 15.02
                          WBullard

I uninstalled 15.0.2 and reinstalled 15.0.1

Save to PDF works again.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                          • 10. Re: Can't save to PDF in 15.02
                            TSGal

WBullard:

Thank you for the additional information.  This does help, as the issue appears to be font related.  What fonts are being used on the layouts that have this issue?

For everyone, if you duplicate the layout, and change all the fonts on the duplicate layout to Arial, does the issue still occur?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 11. Re: Can't save to PDF in 15.02
                              WBullard

Changing fonts did not seem to make any difference in my testing.

• 12. Re: Can't save to PDF in 15.02
                                TSGal

WBullard:

Our Testing and Development departments want to see your solution to determine why this is failing..  I have sent you a private message with instructions where to send a clone of your solution.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 13. Re: Can't save to PDF in 15.02
                                  jonbjork

By the way, the "PDF cannot be created" issue only started happening after I upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 10 Anniversary version.

• 14. Re: Can't save to PDF in 15.02
                                    jonbjork

All of my FM solutions are basically copies of files I've been using for many years, and I already noticed I'm using the "Classic" layout theme. So I'm going to move to "Minimalist" and see what happens.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next