peterbb

Using the Web Viewer Tool

Discussion created by peterbb on Oct 3, 2016
Latest reply on Oct 3, 2016 by peterbb

Hello,

I'm in the middle of the excellent Lynda.com class on FM15, hosted by Chris Ippolite. But, there's one thing I can't find any detail on, so far. And, that's the web viewer tool. I'm creating a database for images. And, in this database, I want the first field to be simply an image ID. I want the user to just type in an image ID there. Then, when they've typed that in, then, I want a neighboring web view to display all the information about that image ID from our corporate image database. I've created a view using this tool, and, in there, I've put a "custom web address."

"http://ps2000-graphics-prod.bna.com/image/show/Image::__pkImageID"

That last part "Image::__pkimageID" is the part that doesn't seem to be working. I want the web view to display the web site for a particular image, specifically, for the image being called for in the imageID described earlier. So, I put that into this URL. But, when I browse here, I just get the message "The page you were looking for doesn't exist."

So, I just need help here in telling the web view exactly what URL I need. I know that, in my browser, I can go to the URL for any image ID I can think of, meaning, image IDs with legitimate data. But, how can I put in the stand-in for those image IDs here? The field name for that image ID is indeed that: __pkImageID. So, why doesn't that work?

Thanks a lot,

Peter

Outcomes