6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2016 11:39 AM by peterbb

Using the Web Viewer Tool

peterbb

Hello,

I'm in the middle of the excellent Lynda.com class on FM15, hosted by Chris Ippolite. But, there's one thing I can't find any detail on, so far. And, that's the web viewer tool. I'm creating a database for images. And, in this database, I want the first field to be simply an image ID. I want the user to just type in an image ID there. Then, when they've typed that in, then, I want a neighboring web view to display all the information about that image ID from our corporate image database. I've created a view using this tool, and, in there, I've put a "custom web address."

"http://ps2000-graphics-prod.bna.com/image/show/Image::__pkImageID"

That last part "Image::__pkimageID" is the part that doesn't seem to be working. I want the web view to display the web site for a particular image, specifically, for the image being called for in the imageID described earlier. So, I put that into this URL. But, when I browse here, I just get the message "The page you were looking for doesn't exist."

So, I just need help here in telling the web view exactly what URL I need. I know that, in my browser, I can go to the URL for any image ID I can think of, meaning, image IDs with legitimate data. But, how can I put in the stand-in for those image IDs here? The field name for that image ID is indeed that: __pkImageID. So, why doesn't that work?

Thanks a lot,

Peter