3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 21, 2016 11:31 AM by wakon007

Web Publishing Engine Crashes

wakon007

Filemaker Pro Advanced 15.0.2.220 on Mac OS 10.10.5

Filemaker Server 15.0.1.137 on Mac OS 10.11.5  (Mac Mini, 2.6 GHz i5  8GB)

Safari 10.0 or Chrome 53.0.2785.116 or Opera 40.0.2308.75

Created a standard form with 1 database field on it, enabled it for WebD, uploaded to server. Worked.

After that I have created another form, some more fields on it but still without any bells and whistles. As I clicked on the file shown on “…/fmi/webd”, the Web Publishing Engine crashes. The first few times I was simply restarting the WP engine but for some reason this doesn't help (anymore). Restarting everything including the Mac Mini keeps resulting in a communication error message.

I have no idea what’s wrong with the form in the first place (to make WPE crash), as well as how to get out of this “state” (beside a complete re-install). Anyone any ideas? As a non-pro on Filemaker I am stuck. Apologies if I missed any important information ...

Thanks, Wolfgang

wettenreich@grandlakemontessori.com

Added the OSX crash report if it's worth anything.

• 1. Re: Web Publishing Engine Crashes
          wakon007

Update:

I am able again to restart WPE right after the crash. Turned out the persisting communication error was caused by some port change our IT guy made.

But I'd really appreciate to know why this form crashes the WPE. Should I post this elsewhere?

• 2. Re: Web Publishing Engine Crashes
            TSGal

wakon007:

Thank you for your posts, and I apologize for the late reply.  This is the correct place to post the issue.

The crash report does center around a layout in general.  Without seeing the file, it is hard to determine what is causing the issue.

What Theme is being used?

Is there any startup script that takes you to a specific layout?

Do other files also encounter the same crash when opened?

Any other information you can provide may be helpful in narrowing down the cause.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 3. Re: Web Publishing Engine Crashes
              wakon007

Thank you very much for your reply. Good to know that there is help available . I actually started again from scratch and having no issues this time around. What I believe was missing in the first attempt was setting "Switch to layout" in file properties. Of course I don't know if this could cause a crash like this. So far I have not encountered any further issues, all works so far. Just missing PDFs from WebD ...