4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2016 7:52 AM by DSKatSCL

Paused script "Cancel" button is missing in 15.0.2.220 (sometimes)

DSKatSCL

Product and version
      Client = FileMaker Pro Advanced 15.0.2.220, Server = 14.0.4.412

OS and version Windows 7 Enterprise SP 1 64 bit

Hardware  32 MB RAM

Description  An intermittent issue with Pause Script Indefinitely.  On the screen when this step is executed, the “Cancel” button does not appear all the time.  99.9% of the time, I don't need to cancel the script at this step, however occasionally I do need to cancel it if there was an issue with a report that was generated.

How to replicate When using the new 15.0.2.220 version, I have one script, that if I run the entire script, the “Cancel” button is missing.  I have truncated the script to eliminate a bunch of data import and cleanup steps, but when I run this shorter script, or a new script that just moves to a different layout and pauses, the “Cancel” button seems to appear every time.  If I go back to the previous versions 15 and 14 of FMPA, the “Cancel” button appears even when running the entire script.

Workaround Roll back to FMPA 15.0.1.119 or open the script debugger tool and stop the script.

• 1. Re: Paused script "Cancel" button is missing in 15.0.2.220 (sometimes)
          TSGal

DSKatSCL:

Thank you for your post.

I have not encountered your issue, and I know that doesn't help you.  With that said, what are the script steps just prior to Pause?  For example, are you entering Find mode?  Do you have Allow User Abort set to On?  Let me know if there is any other information you can provide to help me replicate the issue.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Paused script "Cancel" button is missing in 15.0.2.220 (sometimes)
            DSKatSCL

See the attached PDF of the script.  This script has been working perfectly fine for 2 1/2 year in different versions for FMPA.  I upgraded to 15,0,2,220 and now this issue is occurring intermittently.

Allow User Abort is on for most of the script, but is shut off before the pause script step.  See highlights of Allow User Abort (in script twice) and Pause/Resume Script Indefinitely.

• 3. Re: Paused script "Cancel" button is missing in 15.0.2.220 (sometimes)
              TSGal

DSKatSCL:

Thanks you for the PDF.

You do have "Allow User Abort [ Off ]" in your script before "Pause/Resume Script [ Indefinitely ]".  This will not allow you to Cancel, so only the Continue button is available.  If you want "Cancel" to appear, then set "Allow User Abort [ On ]" before "Pause/Resume Script [ Indefinitely ]", and then follow that with "Allow User Abort [ Off ]".

As a simple test, create the following two scripts:

TEST1

Pause/Resume Script [ Indefinitely ]

TEST2

Allow User Abort [ Off ]

Pause/Resume Script [ Indefinitely ]

Execute TEST1, and you will see "Cancel".  Execute TEST2, and you will not see "Cancel".

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Paused script "Cancel" button is missing in 15.0.2.220 (sometimes)
                DSKatSCL

Thank you and that was a weird coincidence, that I have been running this script for 2 1/2 years without an issue, and the first time I tried to run it after upgrading to FMPA 15.0.2.220 it would not show the cancel button. I must have inadvertently added the Allow User Abort when I pasted about 40 new steps right below that step.  It wasn't needed in my script, since I have the Allow User Abort turned on at the very beginning of the script.

Thank you!