4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 3, 2016 9:41 AM by jlisburn

Externally called script sometimes takes long time to run

jlisburn

Our website calls a number of scripts to update it's local DBs with Data from our Solution :

http://012.345.678.901/fmi/xml/fmresultset.xml?-db=DATABASE&-lay=LAYOUT&-script=SCRIPT&-findall

The simplest scripts (which seem to fail the most regularly) goes to a table and performs a Restored Find on a simple Yes/No field and returns hundreds of records (from hundreds), dozen fields for each record via the XML return.

Usually that script completes in the same second but for some reason, erratically, it much longer (over 20 seconds) (see screenshot).

It can happen at any time although the server is not stressed in the least and is comfortably providing services to Pro and Go users (via similar scripts) with no discernible performance issues. It can happen in the middle of the night when no-one else is using the system (and no backups are being run).

I have internal script auditing running on my most intricate involved scripts so I can tell when FM started and finished the script it shows that even these the big scripts rarely take more than a second in FM but aren't started until long after the call was made (the website records it attempts and the timeouts it gets when the script takes too long)

I'm technically stuck on my FM server version for the immediate future v14.0.3.302.

Can anyone come up with ideas why something in the chain would hang onto calls for so long before FM starts work on the call?