1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 5, 2016 8:55 AM by justinc

Extra 'Body' outlines at bottom of page

justinc

Hey all, I'm having some issues with a layout.

We have a printed layout that has (approximately) 6 'Body' rows per page.  It has a sub-summary for groups of records.  There's a Header layout-part as well.  ( I have attached a screen shot and colored the elements for clarity: blue = header, pink = Sub-summary, green = body; red-line = body outlines.)

Screen Shot 2016-10-05 at 8.03.08 .png

This is supposed to be somewhat like a spreadsheet look, with outlines around each row and cell in the Body element.  (There are 3 'cells' in each row.)

However, at the bottom of the page there is a bit of extra space that gets filled in with the UI elements from the body, specifically the outlines.  So there appears to be this extra line across the top of the Footer element - which we don't want.

As a side note, there could be multiple sub-summary parts on a single page, I just gave the 6-rows example as the most that would fit on a page with a single sub-summary.

If I format the Body with no bottom-border, then at the end of the sub-summary part (and at the top of the next SS) there is no line at the bottom of the last row for that SS part.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Justin

• 1. Re: Extra 'Body' outlines at bottom of page
          justinc

Hmmm...I may have figured it out.  I removed the Body-border line from the bottom and put in a 1pt high rectangle along the bottom instead.  This seems to work out quite well - I thought I had tried this before and not had luck, but apparently not.

(It's amazing how sometimes just talking/writing about something makes it clearer.)