AnsweredAssumed Answered

Sierra iCloud upload problem

Question asked by MichaelDaly on Oct 5, 2016
Latest reply on Oct 6, 2016 by MichaelDaly

A few days ago, I upgraded to Sierra and my Filemaker Pro updated itself to 15.0.2.220, so I'm not sure which of these two is the cause of my problem... I suspect it's the Mac, but I'd be grateful if anybody here can offer any help.

I have an OnLastWindowClose script to save a copy of my file to iCloud Drive with the filepath

filemac:/Macintosh HD/Users/michael/Library/Mobile Documents/com~apple~CloudDocs/MyFile.fmp12

It used to work beautifully but I've just realised that, over the last few days, since the updates, it hasn't worked at all. If I open a new Finder window and go to iCloud in the sidebar, the file appears to be in iCloud Drive. However, when I open iCloud Drive in Safari, the file isn't there.

I thought maybe the filepath needed changing but even if I drag a Filemaker file to iCloud Drive in Safari, it looks like it's uploading but never actually completes the upload circle. A Pages document (or anything else) uploads fine doing the same thing.

Any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated. For the time being, I'll revert to copying the file on to a memory stick to take it between home and the office... like the olden days!

Outcomes