5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2016 9:04 AM by wfgclapp

Unable to enter server credentials when uploading file to FMS

wfgclapp

I recently set up a Windows 2012 server and installed FMS via Amazon Web Services.

I have port 5003 open in AWS and the Windows Firewall.

With FMPA on my local machine, I have set up my new AWS instance as a Favorite Host and I can see and open the FMS Sample Demo file.

But...when I go to upload my own FM file to the host, the server credential boxes are greyed out such that I can't enter them. I have tried several files.

I have a copy of FMS on a local Windows server and I've been able to upload files just fine. I can't figure out what is different here. See screenshot below for what I see when I go to upload a file.

There is probably tons of tedious additional info I could give at this point, but seems to me if I can see the Sample Demo file, I should be able to upload. So I'm figuring something silly I've missed.

• 1. Re: Unable to enter server credentials when uploading file to FMS
          TSPigeon

wfgclapp:

Thank you for your post!

For uploading you will need both Ports 5003 and 443 open. Seeing and accessing the Sample File means Port 5003 is working as expected. Opening communication on Port 443 should resolve this for you.

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Unable to enter server credentials when uploading file to FMS
            wfgclapp

Ah, thanks! I haven't seen that in any of the documentation or tutorials I've run across. Or...maybe I was a little dense and didn't notice.

But...hasn't worked exactly.

Does this sound like anything?

1. I added a rule for that port in AWS and Windows firewall.

2. When I tried to upload, I was then able to enter in server user and pass.

3. However, when I entered server user and pass, i got a message that the creds I entered were not correct. I tried twice and then went to the server to check the creds to make sure I had them right. Couldn't see pass but user was right so I thought to try again, maybe I mistyped, or CAPS, etc.

4. But as soon as I tried again, I'm now back to being greyed out on the credentials like before.

5. I've rebooted AWS, several times.

6. There definitely was a result with the 443 port, but now somehow I've gone backwards. I've double-checked and the 443 and 5003 are still open in both AWS and Windows.

7. What in the world might I have done? An ideas?

• 3. Re: Unable to enter server credentials when uploading file to FMS
              smith7180

I often find I am unable to enter credentials for a host that I enter in the "Host Address" field until I click the favorite hosts pop up.  I don't actually change the host, but clicking on it for some reason will allow me to enter credentials.  Doesn't sound like this is your issue, but I thought I'd mention it.

• 4. Re: Unable to enter server credentials when uploading file to FMS
                wfgclapp

smith7180 wrote:

I often find I am unable to enter credentials for a host that I enter in the "Host Address" field until I click the favorite hosts pop up. I don't actually change the host, but clicking on it for some reason will allow me to enter credentials. Doesn't sound like this is your issue, but I thought I'd mention it.

unfortunately that didn't work, but thanks a bunch for the suggestion. you never know...

• 5. Re: Unable to enter server credentials when uploading file to FMS
                  wfgclapp

Call off the dogs!

Wound up being a firewall issue. Not an obvious one, but firewall nonetheless.

Thanks for everyone's responses!