1 of 1 people found this helpful
Has the gResult field been placed somewhere on the Pub_information layout?
Is it possible that you need to wait a bit before testing for success in the result field?
With an API call that I set up, I had to put that test in a loop with a time out counter as I couldn't be sure that the target of the Insert URL step would have updated by the time my script checked for a "success" result, so I checked it over and over until I got a result, halting and showing an error dialog if I reached a limit set on the loop counter.
I'd also clear the global result field before performing Insert from URL so that a previous result isn't there to be mistakenly identified as a successful response.
Phil can you send me an example of your script in a loop. I added the clear but still doesn't work.
if I change the serial key field to an invalid key, it will change the result to invalid key in Result field.
it almost like it's caching the result.
Set field [TO:gResult ; "" ]
insert from URL...
Set Variable [$K ; $K + 1 ]
Exit Loop If [ not isEmpty ( TO::gResult )]
Exit Loop If [ $K > 1000 ]
If [ IsEmpty ( TO::gResult ) ]
Show Custom Dialog ["Time Out..."]
And make sure that TO::gResult is on the current layout. Script Steps that start with the word "insert" will fail to insert data if their specified target field is not present on the current layout.