11 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2017 9:14 AM by TSGal

Maps in FM Go 15 Web Viewer

cdbpascan

I have been using Web Viewer in FileMaker Go to view Apple Maps but it no longer works in version 15.

I have seen references to the WebKit API having changed in v15 and there are suggestions of a workaround if using a HTML link but I am working with a native app URL string and don't see how to implement the workaround.

• 1. Re: Maps in FM Go 15 Web Viewer
          TSGal

cdbpascan:

Thank you for your post.

What is the string you are using?

Assuming you have text field Address, City and State, change your URL to:

"maps:/?address=" & Address & "," & City & "," & State

or

"maps:/?address=" & GetAsURLEncoded ( Address & "," & City & "," & State )

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Maps in FM Go 15 Web Viewer
            cdbpascan

Thanks for your reply.

I was using this string

"maps:/http://maps.apple.com/map:/?f=q&hl=en&q="  &  Substitute ( Run List::Address ; " " ; "+" )   &  " " &  Substitute ( Run List::Suburb ; " " ; "+" )  &" "  &   Substitute ( Run List::State ; " " ; "+" ) &  "&iwloc=addr&om=1"

(Don't knock it - it worked!)

I tried your suggestions

"maps:/?address= " & GetAsURLEncoded( Run List::Address & "," & Run List::Suburb & "," & Run List::State)

and

"maps:/?address= " &  Run List::Address & "," & Run List::Suburb & "," & Run List::State

They both work with FM Go 14 but not with FM Go 15.

• 3. Re: Maps in FM Go 15 Web Viewer
              TSGal

cdbpascan:

My apologies.  I am also unable to make this work.  Like you, this worked in FileMaker Go 14 but not FileMaker Go 15.  The only way I could make this work was using your initial string with a Open URL script step (leaving off the leading "maps:/").  However, I do get a "Failed to open <website>" error message when returning to FileMaker Go, which is a known issue.

I have sent this information to our Development and Testing departments for review.  When I receive any feedback, I will let you know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Maps in FM Go 15 Web Viewer
                cdbpascan

Thanks for this info.

I would be grateful if you would send me an example of how to use the Open URL script step for my application.

Regards

• 5. Re: Maps in FM Go 15 Web Viewer
                  TSGal

cdbpascan:

Use the same URL you have but leave off the leading "maps:", and in my example, you can omit the Substitute clauses.  That is:

"http://maps.apple.com/map:/?f=1&hl=en&q=" & Run List::Address & "," & Run List::Suburb & "," &

Run List::State & "&iwloc=addr&om=1"

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 6. Re: Maps in FM Go 15 Web Viewer
                    cdbpascan

Yes, this still doesn't work at all in FM Go 15

• 7. Re: Maps in FM Go 15 Web Viewer
                      TSGal

cdbpascan:

Here are the steps I took:

1. I created a new database file with three Text fields:  Address, City, State

2. I entered one record with the following information (FileMaker, Inc. address)

Address: 5201 Patrick Henry Drive

City: Santa Clara

State: CA

3. I created a button that executes the script step:

Open URL [ With dialog: off ;

"http://maps.apple.com/map:/?f=q&hl=en&q="  &  Substitute ( Table::Address ; " " ; "+" )   &  " " &  Substitute ( Table::City ; " " ; "+" )  &" "  &   Substitute ( Table::State ; " " ; "+" ) &  "&iwloc=addr&om=1"

4. I copy the file to FileMaker Go 15.0.2 workspace, launch FileMaker Go 15.0.2 and open the database file.

5. I click the button, and Apple Maps shows me the correct location.

Let me know what I am doing differently than you so I can reproduce the problem.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 8. Re: Maps in FM Go 15 Web Viewer
                        cdbpascan

I tried this approach and it works as you described, and gives the error "Failed to open..." on returning to FM Go.

But it does this in both FM Go 14 and FM Go 14.

My approach has been to have a button to take you to a new layout which has a Web Viewer and in the Web Viewer Setup I chose Custom Web Address :

"maps:/http://maps.apple.com/map:/?f=q&hl=en&q="  &  Substitute ( Run List::Address ; " " ; "+" )   &  " " &  Substitute ( Run List::Suburb ; " " ; "+" )  &" "  &   Substitute ( Run List::State ; " " ; "+" ) &  "&iwloc=addr&om=1"

This works with no error on FM Go 14

• 9. Re: Maps in FM Go 15 Web Viewer
                          TSGal

cdbpascan:

Development and Testing have responded saying they are already aware of this issue with FileMaker Go 15.  This forum thread has been attached to the original report.  When more information becomes available, I will post again.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 10. Re: Maps in FM Go 15 Web Viewer
                            cdbpascan

Thanks

• 11. Re: Maps in FM Go 15 Web Viewer
                              TSGal

cdbpascan:

This issue has been addressed in FileMaker Go 15.0.3.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.