Scripts Menu displays Scripts from a Different File

Malcolm

FileMaker Server 14.0.4.412

FMPA 15.0.1.119

Mac OS X 10.11.6

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)

Processor 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7

RAM 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

I have a file open which is being served by FMS14. The scripts menu is displaying scripts from a completely different file. There are no relationships between the affected file and the file the script names are being drawn from.

I've attached a video showing the script names in the script menu. I then switch to script editor and search for key words from the script names. There are no scripts found.

I know that the script names displayed are from a completely different file which sits on the same server.

After closing the file and re-opening it, the correct scripts are displayed.

Now, thirty minutes after posting this report, upon opening the file again, the incorrect script names are being displayed again.

Message was edited by: Malcolm Fitzgerald to report that the issue resurfaced after closing and re-opening the file.

• 1. Re: Scripts Menu displays Scripts from a Different File
          TSGal

Malcolm:

Thank you for your post.

This type of issue has not been previously reported, so I'll need some additional information.

Is the other file, with the script names being displayed, open?  If so, is it hidden?

Was the other file ever accessed during the current FileMaker Pro 15 session?

Does the current file call the other file?  Or, do you open the other file manually?  If so, are you accessing the file with [Full Access] credentials?  Is the current file opened with [Full Access] credentials?  Is there a script opening the other file?

Any other information or observations you can provide may be helpful in narrowing down the cause of this issue.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Scripts Menu displays Scripts from a Different File
            Malcolm

Hi TSGal,

Sorry to be slow to respond. I had thought I was received notifications on this issue but my account settings were set to "silent".

Is the other file open? No. It was not open but hidden.

Was the other file accessed during the current session? Yes.

Does the current file call the other file? No.

Do you open the other file manually? Yes. The two files are not linked in any way. They are on different remote servers. The only connection is that I have opened them both from this machine during this session.

Are you accessing the file with Full Access credentials? Yes.

Is there a script opening the other file? No.

Any other information. Yes.

This morning I had the same issue occur on a local file which is newly created. I'll attach a screen recording.

There are two interesting points.

1. There is a common factor. The "cuckoo" script, ie, the one that is pushing the resident script out of the nest, is the same one that appeared in the original bug report. The answers to your questions above are the same in both instances.

2. The cuckoo acts on the first sub-level in the scripts menu. In the second screen recording I've shown that this is dynamic. If the sub-level changes, the affected menu changes accordingly.

• 3. Re: Scripts Menu displays Scripts from a Different File
              TSGal

Malcolm:

Thank you for the additional information.

I have sent your posts and movie files to our Development and Testing departments for review.  When I receive any feedback, I will let you know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Scripts Menu displays Scripts from a Different File
                TSGal

Malcolm:

Testing is unable to replicate the issue.

Do you have any plug-ins installed/enabled?  If so, what are plug-ins?  Also, temporarily disable the plug-ins and see if you can reproduce the issue.

Testing would also like a copy of your file.  I am temporarily unable to send a private message, so you will be contacted shortly by our Technical Support liaison with instructions where to send the file(s).  If you do not receive an email within 60 minutes, please let me know, and I'll make sure the instructions are sent to you immediately.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: Scripts Menu displays Scripts from a Different File
                  TSGal

Malcolm:

I received your file.  Thank you.

Do you have any plug-ins installed/enabled?  If so, what are the plug-ins?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 6. Re: Scripts Menu displays Scripts from a Different File
                    Malcolm

Hi TSGal,

I do have a plug-in installed presently. The BaseElements plugin from Goya.

I can pull the plug-in and keep watching to see if/when the issue occurs

again.

Malcolm

• 7. Re: Scripts Menu displays Scripts from a Different File
                      TSGal

Malcolm:

Thank you for the additional information.  I have sent this information to Testing.

If you are able to be without Base Elements plug-in for a reasonable amount of time, please disable it and see if the issue occurs.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 8. Re: Scripts Menu displays Scripts from a Different File
                        TSGal

Malcolm:

Testing made another attempt to reproduce the issue but were unsuccessful.

Let me know if you are ever able to consistently reproduce the issue.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 9. Re: Scripts Menu displays Scripts from a Different File
                          Malcolm

I haven't seen it occur again. I ran without extensions folder until ten days ago without problems. I've been running for a while with extensions without seeing the problem.

If it pops up again you'll be the first to know.

malcolm