3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2016 4:26 AM by wimdecorte

Create folder in filemaker server machine via remote

dgurusamy

I'm thinking to read list of files and folders from the particular filepath/folderpath from the filemaker server machine.

The filemaker database hosted in filemaker server and I'm connecting via filemaker remote. In this case, do you think that I can create file or folder on server machine ? (for example I want to create "Testone" folder on desktop at server machine) is there any possibility that you comes around in your experience

Happy to know your comments/suggestions 

• 1. Re: Create folder in filemaker server machine via remote
          beverly

Can you specify the server platform/OS? Also the version of FileMaker Server would help determine the best approach to an answer.

There are several threads on this forum about folder creation, if you would like to search.

Keep in mind that there are limited locations that FMS has permission to read/write.

Get ( DesktopPath ) is one of those. Remember that this function returns a different result depending on where the script runs.

Sent from miPhone

• 2. Re: Create folder in filemaker server machine via remote
            dgurusamy

windows server 2012 and FileMaker server 15 and I'm connecting via FM 15 adv

If FMS has limited locations to read/write, then you mean, I can able to create folder in those locations. If yes, the what is the function should use

If I want to write/create folder in other locations like d or e drive then FMS will allow or any restrictions

• 3. Re: Create folder in filemaker server machine via remote
              wimdecorte

What you want is doable, but not on the desktop of the server.  FMS is a service and does not run as a user by default so it does not have a desktop.  Desktop folder belong to user accounts and servers don't really have users.

So the question is: why do you want the folder on the desktop on the server?

Creating a folder elsewhere on the server can be done with the use of plugins.  FMS (and everything it executes) can have access to the server's hard drive through those plugins.

1 of 1 people found this helpful