4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2016 9:45 AM by Mohammad

insert a picture in container field

Mohammad

when I insert a picture in container field and "storage options" is, "reference", and "orientation Attribute"  for this picture is not normal for example is 90° CW, too much time is spent  and the database stops, but when I insert this picture and "storage options" is ,"insert" the time is very short.

Message was edited by: Akbar Benyaghoob

• 1. Re: insert a picture in container field
          TSPigeon

Mohammad:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to reproduce any slowness when Inserting an image that has been rotated to a container field as a reference. I attempted this on OS X 10.12 and Windows 7 Professional.

Where are the referenced images located?

Does this occur for you in a new file?

I am also going to move this thread from the FileMaker Community Feedback Space, which is specifically for input on the Community itself, to the Discussions Space where you should receive more views and potentially more advice on this topic!

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: insert a picture in container field
            Mohammad

Dear TSPigeon

Thank you for your reply.

My problem is,

You know FileMaker Pro uses the orientation attribute set by many cameras to display photographs right side up in container fields. If I insert a picture in a container field and choose Store only a reference to the file and orientation of this picture taken by camera is not normal(in EXIF viewer programs orientation of this picture is not normal,  for example is Rotated 90 degrees clockwise), too much time is spent and the database stops responding. If I choose insert option instead of Store only a reference to the file, there is no problem. My OS is windows 10. All pictures take with Canon EOS 500D and locate in my laptop, C:/Users/Mohammad/Desktop/New folder. I test several times in many filemaker pro files and results are same.

• 3. Re: insert a picture in container field
              TSPigeon

Mohammad:

Thank you for the additional information. Testing and Development are aware of this issue with Oriented Images Referenced to a container in FileMaker 14 and newer. The slowness you experience seems to be caused by a limitation of the software. I will add your information to the original report and let you know if any further information becomes available.

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.