user26705

UI: Mimic a Portal - Ideas?

Discussion created by user26705 on Oct 12, 2016
Latest reply on Oct 12, 2016 by mike_wallace_rcc

I am working on a solution that displays a dashboard as the first screen.  On this dashboard there is a need to have list of messages for the use to see and hopefully take action upon.  Since this is not the only element on the dashboard (there are also links, summaries and navigation elements) I cannot use a List or Table view.  The hope is to do something very similar to a Portal, whereby the top of the form would have the summary data, links and other items and the bottom of the form would have the list of messages to the user.

The "message" table has two fields - MessageDate and Message.  The user should be able to delete a message in the list or click on it and see an expanded view.  I have been able to overcome other FM limitations, but this one I cannot seem to hack.  Has anyone else found a way to make this happen?  One thing to keep in mind is that the Message table is a stand alone table - it has no other relationships.  I guess I could create a fake parent and then a child and but I wanted to see if there was a different way to do this before doing that hack?

Outcomes