1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 16, 2016 5:03 PM by dakotakid

Can't print entire layout -- FMP repositions in page corner

dakotakid

Recently I started having issues with existing FMP layouts not printing correctly. Instead of positioning the layout in the center of the page, it now has decided to offset the layout to the lower left corner of the page. And it doesn't print the layout starting from one edge. It prints a section of it from the right side, starting part way in the middle of the preview data, and goes up a bit. The only thing that's consistent is that the area that's being imaged is about 6" x 4" in landscape mode.

It's been doing this for a while, and I haven't found a fix for it. It seems to only happen with Epson printers -- I've reloaded the printer drivers (Mac OS 10.11.6) and reset the printing system.

It's done this on both my Epson 4800 (which I use for printing price tags in color), and on an Epson 2530 wireless printer. And it's limited to FMP documents. Both of these printers function fine with other apps.

I'm printing to standard 8.5 x 11 paper. So far, I haven't found a way to make FMP recognize the proper paper size and image position. If I make a pdf of the layout, it prints correctly. This bad behavior is consistent across all the layouts in this particular application. These layouts have worked fine in FMP 12, but do not print properly in FMP 15.

Anybody else experiencing this, or have a workaround/fix?

FMP_PrintOutput.jpg

Output as printed from FMP.

FMP_PDF.jpg

Output as printed to pdf from FMP and printed to the same Epson printer.

Message was edited by: James Parker