AnsweredAssumed Answered

Invoice Due Date Calc. Help

Question asked by ChristofferRexen_1 on Oct 14, 2016
Latest reply on Nov 9, 2016 by ChristofferRexen_1

Hello everyone

Working on an Invoice Module in our database.

Trying to make it as flexible, as possible.

I'm currently working with 3 types of fields.

Invoice IssuedDate (Date)

Invoice Terms (Tekst)

Invoice DueDate (Date)

Now, our customer - an insurance broker company - receives invoices from the major insurance companies.

These invoices are of course issued a couple of days earlier, let's say the 01.10.2016 (danish date format).

With a due date, equivalent to a month after the issued date, the 31.10.2016 (danish date format).

Now I would like the Invoice Module I am working with, to be as flexible and smart as possible, at the same time for the clients.

So the client receives the above Invoice the 05.10.2016, and inputs the Invoice Issued Date from the Invoice, the 01.10.2016 into the Invoice IssuedDate (Date) in the database.

Sets the Invoice Terms, say Net 15 days (since the insurance broker company has to receive the money from the customer, before being able to pass it on to the major insurance company).

So, the insurance broker company has created and issued an Invoice with a Due Date the 20.10.2016

The major insurance company has created and issued an Invoice with a Due Date the 31.10.2016.

As said, I would like the Invoice Module I am working with, to be as flexible and smart as possible for the clients.

How do I manage the "Invoice DueDate" field to take account for weekdays, holidays etc., so only Workdays are being counted, from "Invoice IssuedDate" to "Invoice DueDate", when "Invoice Terms" GetAsNumber ( [Net 15 Days] ).

So the actual Invoice DueDate from the insurance broker company now is the 26.10.2016.

I was hoping I could make all this in the 3 fields, with some Auto Enter Calculations, based on the data input.

Hope you can help.

I hope I'm making myself clear here, please feel free to respond or ask further.

Outcomes