8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 17, 2017 2:43 AM by airmoi

fmserverd15.0.2.206 Crash on OSX

airmoi

Hi,

I'm facing repeted crashs on a customer server (happened 3x since yesterday) :

Config :

Mac pro (late 2013)

Yosemite 10.10.1

3.7Ghz Xeon Quad-Core

12Go Memory

fms 15.0.2.206

Exception details :

Exception Type:        EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)

Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

Crashed thread indicates :

Thread XX Crashed:

0   libsystem_kernel.dylib         0x00007fff8fe69282 __pthread_kill + 10

1   libsystem_c.dylib             0x00007fff93e6ec13 __abort + 145

2   libsystem_c.dylib             0x00007fff93e6f4f1 __stack_chk_fail + 197

3   com.filemaker.dbengine.framework 0x000000010879fbcd Draco::DBSafeDeleteMgr::Add(Draco::HBAbstractKey const&, bool) + 489

4   ???                           0x00007f87907eb9c0 0 + 140220221536704

Server was installed last week. Everything was ok until yesterday

Before that, DB was running since more than 1 year on fms 14 without that kind of crashes.

See crash dump in attachements.

• 1. Re: fmserverd15.0.2.206 Crash on OSX
          TSPigeon

airmoi

Thank you for your post!

Are there any schedules running on the Server before or during the time the crash occurred? You can see some details on schedule activity via FileMaker Server/Logs/Event.log

You might also see if this is resolved after following the troubleshooting in your other report: PSOS return error 812 (exceed host capacities)

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: fmserverd15.0.2.206 Crash on OSX
            airmoi

We do have some Scheduled scripts on the server, but none of them was running when crash occurred.

On the other hand we had PSOS script running.

I'll give you some feedbacks next week after applying your troubleshot procedure

• 3. Re: fmserverd15.0.2.206 Crash on OSX
              airmoi

Here is some feedback after I followed the troubleshooting procedure.

Everything went's fine for a week, but crashes occurs again since yesterday (twice yesterday, one this morning).

All crash reports an issue with Draco::DBSafeDeleteMgr::Add(Draco::HBAbstractKey const&, bool) (see attachments)

My customer is going crazy...

• 4. Re: fmserverd15.0.2.206 Crash on OSX
                TSPigeon

airmoi:

There is a report that matches the crash you are experiencing. The previous case was due to a corrupt script. However, the crash didn't occur just when running the script itself, so it may be hard to track down.

Would we be able to get a copy of your solution to attempt to reproduce?

If so, please email forumsupport@filemaker.com with the file (or link to download) and instructions to reproduce.

If you must send clones, please send information needed to enter data.

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: fmserverd15.0.2.206 Crash on OSX
                  airmoi

We have multiple databases on the server, however, I suspect 1 to be the culprit.

This is a complex/heavy DB, I'll try to send you a clone asap with few datasets and a list of scripts performed server-side which may help you with you diagnostic.

On the other hand, i won't be able to send you inscructions on how to reproduce as it occurs randomly during the day after some time of usage (there is ~50 users logged at a time).

Today, we are going to downgrade to fms14.0.4 as we had no crash with this version. I'll keep you informed wheter the crash occurs or not on this version

• 6. Re: fmserverd15.0.2.206 Crash on OSX
                    airmoi

Hi,

Here is some news about this issue :

We rolled back to fms 14.0.4 a ago. Since there, no new crashes occurs.

I also tried v15.0.1 without crashes as well

It seems this issue relies on the 15.0.2 fixes.

Also, I sent you a copy of the databases, but I have received no responses.

• 7. Re: fmserverd15.0.2.206 Crash on OSX
                      TSPigeon

airmoi:

Thank you for the additional information. Can you confirm if this crash persists with FileMaker Server 15.0.3?

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 8. Re: fmserverd15.0.2.206 Crash on OSX
                        airmoi

Sorry I can't confirm that, We rolled back to 14.

My customer don't want to be a FileMaker "beta tester" anymore.

Another migration would impact 60 users and is really costy (there is so many things that are not saved in settings backup...)

Also, nothing in the 15.0.3 changelog indicates any change that could impact this issue.

In that situation, I can't go further without any real feedback from your side