AnsweredAssumed Answered

Summarising pop up message

Question asked by Stu412 on Oct 13, 2016
Latest reply on Oct 14, 2016 by philmodjunk

Hi there

A question regarding summaries.   I have a data table consisting of values and their associated customerID_FKs

I have a customer table consisting of customer names and CustomerID_PK.  These are joined by the customer IDs and of course, there are many more fields besides those.

What I need is 10 summary data fields from the data table to show on the customer layout.  The 10 fields are based on the same initial field, but split based on a certain criteria in a case statement:

Field 1 Case (Criteria = "Top" ; Number)

Field 2 Case (Criteria = "Middle" ; Number)

Field 10 Case (Criteria = "Totally Bottom" ; Number)

From here, I summarise each of these fields so that on my customer layout I can show ten summarised figures for the totals of Top, Middle, Totally Bottom and the other 7 criteria.

However, each time a calc takes place I have the annoying 'Summarsing field sField1 - 120 records to go' and then 'Summarising field sField2 - 134 records to go' etc etc.

I tried ExecuteSQL which worked......eventually.....then killed the entire system.  Won't be doing that again in a hurry.

So, is it just me who see's these summary pop up messages?  Surely the system should be quick enough to do this?  Or can I do something to hide them - if so I have a waiting page ready to go.

Thanks wise ones!

Outcomes