3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2016 5:46 PM by philmodjunk

Invoice Report Problems - Listing fields from two related tables

pdx_beagle

Hello,

I'm very new to Filemaker reporting, and I'm running into difficulty with what seems like a fairly simple issue.  I work in an industry that bills for time, and also bills for out-of-pocket expenses.  I have a table for Invoices, Timeslips, and Expenses.  When I run invoices, I create a link between each individual timeslip and expense associated with that invoice by way of foreign keys.  As a result, a single invoice can have many related timeslips and many related expenses.  Now I want to create an invoice layout that shows the clients all timeslips (with sub-summary) and expenses (with sub-summary), showing the grand total of these charges at the bottom.

I have started a layout based upon my invoices table.  However, I quickly run into issues of the report only showing the first related timeslip in the related table, as opposed to all timeslips associated with that invoice.  I expect the solution for show related expense items will be the same.  Any help in the way this should be formatted would be appreciated!