1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 17, 2016 4:15 PM by philmodjunk

Creating summary/count of field values in a portal for displayed records

shanebeeps

I know there has to be a way to do what I want in FMP, but have not been able to figure this out or find an answer to my question!

Essentially each of my records in Observations gets matched to 1 or more ContentTags through a join table, ObservationContent. On each Observation record in my layout, a portal is displayed where users use drop-down lists to pick appropriate tags for each record. Then a record is created on the ObservationContent table that stores the ID of the Observation record and the ID of the ContentTags record and the portal shows related records from ObservationContent. Easy stuff.

However, at the end of each project we want to look at a particular sub-set of the Observation records, and quickly count how many times each individual record on ContentTags has been related to the sub-set of Observation records.

So if I'm looking at 100 Observation records, I'd like to be able to see a list of each ContentTag on the ContentTag table, and how many total times it appears in the ObservationContent portals for the displayed records.

For example, there may be 3 records displayed. 2 have the tag "Hiring", 1 has the tag "Training", and 1 of the 3 has the additional tag "Background". I'd like some kind of summary or report that says something like:

Background 1

Hiring 2

Training 1

when those 3 records are being shown.

How do I go about doing this? It's been a challenge to determine.