3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2016 8:35 AM by angelden

Help with calculated field

angelden

ID.jpg

Hello:

Sorry, my English is not good.

I am new in this of the programming, I try to do the following thing:

The record ID 4 ,I have introduced it manually. Is it possible to introduce by a script?. For example:

If an equal ID_Code exists, then to go to the last one ID with this ID_code repeated

and in Stock to place the calculated field (Stock+In-Out). In the opposite case to place in stock what exists in the field  In.

Thank you.

Hola:

Soy nuevo en esto de la programación, trato de hacer lo siguiente: EL ID 4 de registro, lo he introducido a mano. ¿Es posible introducir mediante script?. Por ejemplo: Si ID_Code ya existe, entonces ir al último ID con este ID_code repetido y en Stock colocar el siguiente cálculo (Stock+In-Out). En el caso contrario colocar en Stock lo que hay en la celda In.

1. Gracias.

Guardar

• 1. Re: Help with calculated field
          beverly

Please post again in another language if that would help you more.

Sent from miPhone

• 2. Re: Help with calculated field
            philmodjunk

I can suggest two options.

1. Use a relationship that matches by ID_Code to match to the one record with this value. In a script, Set Field can then update the In or Out fields to show an inventory change. A script might also perform a find for this record, but a relationship seems better to me.
            2. Use an "Inventory Ledger" approach where you use a basic Bookkeeping method to track inventory changes. Each time that you add or remove inventory, you create a new record with the ID_Code and an amount to enter in either the In or Out fields. You then use either a summary field (and sort your records by ID_Code) or a relationship that matches by ID_Code to compute the Sum of all of these inventory changes to get the current amount in inventory.

Both methods would require defining a "Balance" calculation field defined as: In - Out

You might find this thread on creating an Inventory Ledger useful to you.

• 3. Re: Help with calculated field
              angelden

Thanks very much, I tri it.