1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 20, 2016 11:32 PM by bigtom

Bug: Lost connection, FM requests credentials for wrong solution

bpanhuyzen

I think this is a new bug in FMPA 15.0.2.

I have a LOCAL SOLUTION open for work, and also my REMOTE TIME TRACKING SOLUTION (open from a remote server).

1. Walk away with both solutions open, computer goes to sleep.
      2. Wake up computer to continue work.
      3. FileMaker asks for credentials for the LOCAL SOLUTION (not the REMOTE TIME TRACKING SOLUTION).
      4. If I enter those credentials, work continues.
      5. If I click Cancel, LOCAL SOLUTION remains open, but REMOTE TIME TRACKING SOLUTION gets closed.

This is the Re-login window that pops up. CHE_Hockey v.0.88 is the LOCAL SOLUTION.

Screen Shot 2016-10-19 at 12.56.18.png

Clearly, FileMaker is confused about which solution needs credentials entered to reconnect. This bug bypasses the security in place to require reconnection to a remote solution.

• 1. Re: Bug: Lost connection, FM requests credentials for wrong solution
          bigtom

I have had something similar happen in FMGo 15. Intermittently. Completely bypassing security. We are talking days not minutes.  The FMGo app usually freezes up for some reason. App needs to be swiped up to close it. On App restart it logs into the last opened file with the last used credentials. Sometimes it is not the last used file. Even scarier.

I have not had time to get enough information on this to report it properly, but it is an issue.