AnsweredAssumed Answered

delay in ability to enter text in scripted webdirect find

Question asked by sonata on Oct 20, 2016
Latest reply on Oct 24, 2016 by sonata

Howdy folks...

I have a webdirect solution with a bunch of scripted finds. I'm generally happy with it, but there's a usability problem.

It takes about two seconds from when a field is clicked on and when it can actually accept text. The cursor shows up in the clicked-upon field right away but it takes a couple of seconds for the field borders to become evident, which is when text can be entered. In the intervening two seconds, however- before the borders show- any attempts to type are fruitless. If the user is like me, they may expect that when they see the cursor in a field, they can start typing... and so they look down at their keyboard and start entering text. The result can be that they get a text string that is missing the first few characters, or- in the case of "state" (e.g. VT) nothing at all.

I am hoping there is a way to make fields be enterable in find mode without delay. Am I missing something simple, that should be obvious to me but, regrettably, isn't?

I tried an on object enter trigger to go to field and select... doesn't speed it up.

I am testing in Safari on an iPhone 6, and I have removed every last bit of local CSS on every mobile layout. (The default styles remain, but are not used, for what that's worth.) Hosted in  FMS 15.

Thanks for considering this question,

Jim Schliestett

Outcomes