7 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2017 10:02 AM by planteg

Object State Dropdown List Too High

dejosejimpaul

Does anybody know why the dropdown list of the object state on the appearance section of the inspector gets too high? I can't see the other object state to choose from because of this.

• 1. Re: Object State Dropdown List Too High
          greatgrey

It may more of a windows issue than Filemaker. But, sometimes changing zoom to show more will let you see what you need. I have also run into the same problem using web browsers.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Object State Dropdown List Too High
            dejosejimpaul

This helps. Changing the zoom level of the layout solves the problem. Thank you.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Object State Dropdown List Too High
              planteg

Hi Community,

still the same in May 2017. My computer runs on Windows 10 15063.296, FMP 16.01 (same issue wit FMPA 16 preview).

greatgrey suggested that it could be a Windows issue: I get the same result in FMPA 15... but FMPA 14 works fine.

TSPigeon, was that issue ever been scrutinized by Development ? It's kind of annoying: when the inspector is on the second monitor, configured to be over my main monitor, then the dropdown list takes both monitors height .

Thanks

• 4. Re: Object State Dropdown List Too High
                planteg

I tried again today to get the issue, but realized that I can't get it all the time. This time I got it in V 14, and not V 16. Testing a little bit, I finally got it in V 16. The thing is:

• sometime it's Ok, sometimes not
                • the issue is with the height of each choice in the drop-down: most of the time, this height is that of the monitor. Once, it was about three times what it should have been
                • looks like it depends on a sequence of actions done before I get the issue

It's hard to tell if it's an issue with FMP/FMPA. That could be an issue with Windows or the video card.

This is not an easy one, unfortunately.

EDIT

Strangely, this thread doesn't show in the Discussions list .

• 5. Re: Object State Dropdown List Too High
                  TSPigeon

planteg:

I don't see that a report of this made it to Testing and Development. I am unable to reproduce this issue With FileMaker Pro 14, 15, or 16 with a 100%, 150%, 200%, or 300% Layout Zoom with Windows 7 Professional. Could you confirm the following:

Screen Resolution:

Windows Zoom/DPI (Custom Sizing):

Layout Zoom:

Does this seem to only happen with the Object State Drop-Down?

I look forward to your response!

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 6. Re: Object State Dropdown List Too High
                    TSPigeon

I was also able to find this under Discussions Content by sorting Newest Activity First.

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 7. Re: Object State Dropdown List Too High
                      planteg

Hi,

yes it seems to happen only for Object Drop-Down, but it on and of, not a full time bug. I always work at 100% zoom.

You find the post only if you search for it, it's not listed if you go to filemaker.com, click on Community and the on Discussions > English. It's unfortunate because others may add to this discussion.

Thanks

EDIT

Now it works by doing filemaker.com, click on Community and the on Discussions > English .