I was working on my invoice system in Filemaker and all of a sudden the content of my invoices won't print. I can see it on the screen but it won't print, even to a PDF. HELP!
This can happen due to Font problems, inspector tool settings to Hide when Printing, objects positioned on layout part edges, and several other causes.
Please provide more details, version info, OS, and screenshots.
I am on an IMac OSX 10.11.6, Filemaker is V13.0 v3. Screen shot of what the invoice looks like on screen, and hopefully you can also see the pdf of how it prints. I can't seem to scroll down to confirm that it is there.
I am leaving now for a meeting for a few hours so won't respond until I return. Thanks for your help.
When you open the print dialog do you have it set to "records being browsed"?
A new screensh captured while the window is in layout mode might help.
I have tried different settings, including "records being browsed" but that doesn't work. I attached a screen shot of layout mode.
The record that you printed and the record for which you show it in browse mode do not appear to be the same. There are different Total Due amounts.
There can be confusion when entering preview mode because preview mode previews the entire found set and shows you the first page of that previewed set of records--which can show data from a very different record when you are on the 34th out of 36 records. This may or may not be a factor here.
Have you set any of these fields to Slide up in the inspector?
No I didn't set anything to slide up. I have worked with filemaker for years and know how to do that, fields to slide up, but did not do that here. It has been working just fine, in fact printed out most of the records just before this happened. I had to make some changes on three of the records and now they won't print. Stephen Hudson mentioned earlier that it could be a font problem. I recently added a new field and it I couldn't set the font to what I wanted. I have upgraded this file from a much earlier version of filemaker and it has worked just fine, until yesterday!
I'd try changing the font to something else to see if that works.
I'd also create a brand new file layout from scratch (don't copy and paste anything on to it from this layout) and see if it will print correctly.
You can also test a recovered copy of the file to see if that makes any difference.
Retrieving data ...