AnsweredAssumed Answered

Why does report display differently now in Browse than in Preview or print?

Question asked by pasleeth on Oct 25, 2016
Latest reply on Oct 25, 2016 by beverly

Occasionally, but always on the heels of tinkering around with the FMP database (FMP 13.0v9 in Windows 8), a report that's never presented any problems will suddenly cease displaying in Browse mode the same way it displays in Preview and in print.  And for the life of me, I've never been able to figure out what it is I've changed about the dbase that results in the malfunction of the report in Browse.

Below is an example of one such report in Preview (it prints just just as you see it here), and as of last week it displayed in Browse mode in exactly the same way:

Report in Preview,Print.jpg

But after doing some development on things having no direct relationship to this particular report whatsoever, it now displays in Browse mode like this:

Report in Browse.jpg

Essentially, rather than displaying data for all 714 found records, the report is displaying only the active record -- in this case, the first record as the set's currently sorted.

I realize this gives folks next to nothing to diagnose the problem, but I tweaked a lot of things last week and I don't recall changing anything in the script that generates this report, or even any field def that would've impacted it.

Can anyone take a guess what might have triggered the change?  Or barring that, how I can restore the report's complete, proper display in Browse mode?

-- Andrew

Outcomes