2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2016 11:17 PM by carojo

Post-upgrade to FM15 - Set Field step crashes FileMaker when hosted on server

carojo

Migrated database from FM12 to FM15 server over the weekend only to discover some strange behaviour - possibly a bug?

Here are the details - appreciate any feedback or help, thanks.

Script is OnRecordLoad trigger - set's a global field used to filter portal records. Note that this was working fine in FM12 (server and local client) and also no issues in local copy of FM15 db (i.e. exactly the same file downloaded from hourly backup).

So the issue only occurs when hosted on FM15 server. I'm logged in with Full Access account so not related to any user privileges.

FileMaker hangs and must be force quit (note other users have had issues with FM hanging when performing different actions on DB - while investigating I came across this issue)

Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard

FM Server 15 - latest version (15.0.2.206)

Client I'm using is FM Pro 15 Advanced 15.0.2.220

Script sets a global field used to filter portal records by year (and field is on the layout in question) - see attached - specific step that crashes FM is

Set Field [ Main::zv_FilterYear_g; Year ( Get ( CurrentDate ) ) ]

where Main::zv_FilterYear_g; is defined as Number field with Global storage.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

• 1. Re: Post-upgrade to FM15 - Set Field step crashes FileMaker when hosted on server
          TSGal

carojo:

Thank you for your post.

What operating system are you using with FileMaker Pro Advanced 15.0.2?  What version of operating system?  If Mac, post the crash report up to and including the crashed thread.  This will provide some additional information.

Are you able to set the field to any static value?

If you create a new script (do not duplicate) that simply sets the field, does this work?

Is Layout Setup based on the "main" table?  If not, try switching to a layout based on the "main" table and set the field, and return to the original layout.

Answers to these questions will help me determine how to proceed next.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Post-upgrade to FM15 - Set Field step crashes FileMaker when hosted on server
            carojo

Hi and thanks for responding promptly

I've done quite a bit more testing before getting back to you (as we're no doubt in different time zones) and I think the issue is actually down to the time taken to load records in the layout - specifically in the filtered portal. I have now removed unstored calcs (based on ExecSQL) from the portal and it's performing OK.

If you want I can send the Hang log but I think I can mark this as resolved.

Client is FM15 Pro Advanced 15.0.2.220 running on OSX El Capitan 10.11.6

Connecting to server over VPN

Also tested on windows PC (remote connection so on same network as server) which is where I was alerted to the issue actually being the time taken to load a record - over 30 seconds.

Thanks again for help and suggestions

Caroline