5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 29, 2016 2:12 AM by Benjamin Fehr

Inspector Dropdown Problem

ChrisJohnston

FileMaker Pro Advanced 15.0.2.220

Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise x64

Windows Desktop

The dropdowns in the Inspector panel do not always work. They do a smugged dropdown which make it impossible to read which state you are in (e.g. Hover). I have a video describing more.

The way I deal with it is to highlight the dropdown and use my arrow keys to change states.

Thank You

• 1. Re: Inspector Dropdown Problem
          TSGal

ChrisJohnston:

Thank you for your post and video.

Although with many attempts, I can't replicate the Inspector drop-down display failure.  Do you notice if the issue occurs with all files or just a particular file?  If the latter, do you recall if it happens on other layouts or just the specific layout in your video?  If a specific layout, create a new layout, and see if you can adjust the layout background via the Inspector.

The next time this occurs, write down your zoom settings for FileMaker Pro.  What are your display settings for Windows?  I'm trying to determine if zoom (FileMaker or Windows) plays a role.

Any other information you can provide may be helpful in duplicating the issue.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Inspector Dropdown Problem
            ChrisJohnston

Hi, My screen resolution is 1600 x 1200, and sometimes I use a different computer with 1920 x 1200. We are having the problem on more than one computer (PC's). It happens on all layouts in Edit Layout mode. I have never seen this on the Mac we use. By zoom setting, do you mean the controls that let you make a FileMaker solutions view bigger at the bottom left of the application? I am not using the zoom at all. I did zoom Camtasia to make a better more understandable video. Let me know if that is exactly what you mean. Thanks

• 3. Re: Inspector Dropdown Problem
              Benjamin Fehr

various known rendering bugs with MS Windows appear when System Preferences of Windows OS are NOT set to default setting.

Win_Sys_Display.png

• 4. Re: Inspector Dropdown Problem
                ChrisJohnston

Oh is that what TSGal means by zoom settings? I am not currently using this. I have mine set to 100%. Thanks

• 5. Re: Inspector Dropdown Problem
                  Benjamin Fehr

probably.

Worth a try. I'm not sure if default is 100% OR 125% "(Recommended)". I would just try both.