4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 26, 2016 11:31 PM by Markus Schneider

CHANGE TABLES WITHIN A TAB

quirkycrone

Is it possible to change tables within a tab layout? Short of moving to another layout and returning to the original I haven't figure out a way to do this..

• 1. Re: CHANGE TABLES WITHIN A TAB
          philmodjunk

Other than putting a portal to different related tables and such, you can't do  what you want to do here.

Some solutions simulate this effect by creating layouts with buttons that look like tabs, but when you click to change tabs, you are really changing layouts.

• 2. Re: CHANGE TABLES WITHIN A TAB
            beverly

you can show related data in a tab panel, but only related fields (in portal or not) and global fields can be displayed on a layout based on another table.

What are you trying to do?

beverly

• 3. Re: CHANGE TABLES WITHIN A TAB
              quirkycrone

basically I just saved a similar tabbed layout, with a different table and ran a script from the original tab to display what I wanted. Then I captured the return to go back to the original tab.  It works okay. In that workaround way.

Thanks for your responses.

• 4. Re: CHANGE TABLES WITHIN A TAB
                Markus Schneider

thats not just a workaround - it's the way to achive that when portals won't fit the needs (-:

You can create a layout template with buttons / button bars that looks like tab's. If every layout for this scenario looks the same, it feels like having tab's

Since a layout is bound to ONE table, one can have portals to display 'foreign' (related) records - OR individual fields from a related table (no portal)... so, if You don't need to have several records from the foreign (related) table, You can place those fields in an other tab