6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2016 3:10 PM by Malcolm

Color Picker Loupe on Mac OS X Doesn't select Color under Cross Hairs

Malcolm

Mac OS X 10.11.6

Mac Book Pro

FMPA v15.0.1.119

Problem

When using the color picker loupe to select a colour from the screen the color selected when you click the mouse is not the color beneath the mouse pointer.

The larger view window is accurate but the smaller swatch window displays the wrong color. The color displayed in the swatch window is used on the mouse click.

Workaround

Use the digital color meter found in Utilities to obtain the correct code and paste that into the color picker.

• 1. Re: Color Picker Loupe on Mac OS X Doesn't select Color under Cross Hairs
          TSGal

Malcolm:

I don't have FileMaker Pro Advanced 15.0.1 immediately available to me, but I am unable to replicate the issue using FileMaker Pro Advanced 15.0.2 under Mac OS X 10.11.6, Mac OS X 10.10.5, and macOS Sierra 10.12.  I can select the Header, tap the search icon for solid color in the Inspector, and hover over any object on the layout and click the color.  The color then displays properly in the Header.

Does this issue occur for all layouts in your file?  Does this issue occur with a new file?  Do you have any plug-ins installed/enabled?

Any other information you can provide may be helpful in narrowing down the possible cause.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Color Picker Loupe on Mac OS X Doesn't select Color under Cross Hairs
            Malcolm

Hi TSGal,

Yes, the issue occurs on all layouts, and all object types.

Yes, the issue occurs on a new file

No, there are no plugins installed

Malcolm

• 3. Re: Color Picker Loupe on Mac OS X Doesn't select Color under Cross Hairs
              TSGal

Malcolm:

I deleted FileMaker Pro Advanced 15.0.2 from my Mac OS X 10.11.6 machine.  I installed FileMaker Pro Advanced 15.0.1.  I launched FileMaker Pro 15.0.1, and verified it is indeed 15.0.1.

In a new file, I inserted an image with many colors onto the layout.  I clicked the Header, and under the Appearance tab of the Inspector, the Fill was already set to Solid Color.  I clicked on the color, clicked the magnifying glass icon, and hovered my cursor over a part of the image and clicked it.  The Header changed immediately to that color.

Since this is not working for you, create a new Mac user account.  Login to the new Mac user account, and launch FileMaker Pro Advanced 15.0.1.  Follow the steps from my first reply and see if you are able to reproduce your issue.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Color Picker Loupe on Mac OS X Doesn't select Color under Cross Hairs
                Malcolm

Hi TSGal,

Unfortunately that did not produce a different result.

I opened a different account, not a new account, but a different

account, that is only used for these sorts of tests.

I opened a file, entered layout mode, selected the header part, it was

already set to solid colour. I selected the magnifying glass and move

the cursor over a bright orange object. I clicked the mouse and the

header changed to a dark grey.

I was interested to see that you were using v15.0.2. Earlier this

morning I checked for updates and was told that their were done at this

time. When I opened FMP in the new account I was immediately told that a

new version was available.

Malcolm

• 5. Re: Color Picker Loupe on Mac OS X Doesn't select Color under Cross Hairs
                  TSGal

Malcolm:

From my initial post, my original test was under 15.0.2.  That is why I deleted 15.0.2 and installed 15.0.1 for the second test.  In both cases, I could not reproduce your issue.  From your most recent test, I'm stuck with how to proceed next.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 6. Re: Color Picker Loupe on Mac OS X Doesn't select Color under Cross Hairs
                    Malcolm

Well, as I'll be installing the next update shortly, I be curious to see

if the problem persists on my machine.

Malcolm