AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to force URL in web viewer?

Question asked by wfgclapp on Oct 27, 2016
Latest reply on Oct 27, 2016 by beverly

I have a web viewer on a layout. File is consumed with FMGo.

The web viewer references a URL that points to a jpg image on a web server. Actually, the web viewer references a field in a table. this is a text field containing a URL.

Problem: From time to time I will change the jpg image but the URL remains the same. I obviously want the image to update in the webviewer. What is happening is that I will see the image update sometimes within minutes on some devices but on other devices it is sometimes days before the image updates. On those lagging devices I can force close FM, reboot the phone, etc. No dice. The image will not update until simply given enough time. But on another device running the same file, the image has updated. THEREFORE, I would like a way to force the device to go grab the URL anew but I haven't been able to find a way to do this. I have tried script steps like "Refresh Object", "Set Web Viewer - Reload", "Refresh Window", no joy.

I have confirmed that the correct URL is in my field referenced in the web viewer.

Below is my html in my web viewer, and you can see the field containing the URL highlighted in yellow. I can't see how any of this HTML would make a difference in reloading.

Both FMGo devices are iPhone 6 and FMGo 15.0.2 but I have 60-70 devices running this file, iPads and iPhones of many varieties, and I cannot discern any common thread as to which ones see the new image and which ones don't.

To be specific, from what I understand, the following brute-force process should work, but I've tried it and it doesn't:

1. name the web viewer object

2. create a button on layout

3. tie button to script step "Set Web Viewer [Object Name: "xxx"; Action: Reload]

4. tap button and get the latest image.

Any thoughts?

Outcomes