AnsweredAssumed Answered

make a portal with non empty table records

Question asked by MilkoMigneco on Oct 27, 2016
Latest reply on Oct 27, 2016 by philmodjunk

Hi community

I'm working on a database for all the items we sell, one table under the database have all item specifications and its related to the main table through the SKU of the item.

Specification table have several fields as you can imagine, each field is the name of each specification, (ex. dimension "a", dimension "b", thread, material, shaft, etc. All items does not share the same specifications, (vises does not use the same specifications/fields of drills for example), hence, the table have a lot of empty fields.

I need to include a portal in the item layout that shows all specifications for each item. I just cant add all fields from the related table to populate the portal because not all fields apply for each item, as I said before each item family share a group of specifications/fields, I thought that if I add all fields from the related table I will have a very long portal with a lot of empty fields.

Is there a way I can show only related fields for each item that actually have a value? this will let me see a portal with only populated fields and hide all empty fields.

Is there a different way to achieve the same goal?

Thank you

Milko Migneco

FileMaker Pro Adv 13.

Outcomes