2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 29, 2016 8:37 AM by wimdecorte

FileMaker Server 15 Dev License on AWS

bright_guy

Is it true that the FMS developer's license cannot be used on Amazon Web Services? I'd like to try the new FileMaker Cloud, and use a BYOL option. The FileMaker Cloud Purchase Process offers 3 options, none of them for the dev license.

Is FileMaker planning to extend the range of the FMS dev license to the whole platform? That would be very nice if they did.

• 1. Re: FileMaker Server 15 Dev License on AWS
          Draco

FMS <> FMCloud

With FMS is more work.

You owner of instance aws, can install anything ( compatible with your instance)

• 2. Re: FileMaker Server 15 Dev License on AWS
            wimdecorte

Leo Di Croce wrote:

Is it true that the FMS developer's license cannot be used on Amazon Web Services? I

Yes it can; if you get a Windows instance.

Leo Di Croce wrote:

I'd like to try the new FileMaker Cloud, and use a BYOL option. The FileMaker Cloud Purchase Process offers 3 options, none of them for the dev license.

That won't work.

FM Cloud is a new offering so it's kinda important to get the lingo straight (not meaning to be pedantic here).

AWS is much bigger than FMC.  FMS runs extremely well on AWS Windows instances.

FMC is an 'aws appliance' if you will, it's only a sub-set of the real FMS and it has specific licensing requirements.

If you want to try the FMC, just get a 5-user version and shut it down when you are not using it; that way you don't incur any cost for that idle time.