2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 29, 2016 4:17 PM by philmodjunk

Drop Down List No Keyboard

kentanderson

I would like the keyboard to not pop up on filemaker go when a drop down list is selected.  I know pop up menu will solve this but I'm using a value list with two fields and the pop up will only display the first second filed and i only need the second field for the selection I then want the first field to be displayed.  Thanks in advance. 

P.S If there is a way to display the first field while still using the second field for selection I would be interested.

• 1. Re: Drop Down List No Keyboard
          David Moyer

Hi,

P.S If there is a way to display the first field while still using the second field for selection I would be interested.

the first and second fields should be in a (monogamous) one-to-one relationship (not referring to a TO relationship).  That is, for every value in the first field there should be exactly one corresponding value in the second field.  This means you should be able to swap the two fields in your Value List definition.

Hope that helps.

• 2. Re: Drop Down List No Keyboard
            philmodjunk

An additional thought:

There's a new option on the inspector's data tab in version 15 that has a pop up menu display field 1 after you exit the field just like a drop down list.