AnsweredAssumed Answered

How do I do this??

Question asked by borgstrand on Oct 31, 2016
Latest reply on Oct 31, 2016 by philmodjunk

Hello,

I´m new to FileMaker and trying to setup my first database but have run into a problem that I need help to solve.

My database consist of two Tables:

• Person data
  • Notes data

Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 12.41.42.png

I have one Layout that contain a majority of the Fields from the ‘Person data’ and then it also contain a “section” with a ‘Tab Control’ that contains One tab (Person Details) with fields from the ‘Person data’ and One tab (Meeting Notes) that contains fields from the ‘Notes data’.

Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 12.10.35.png

I have setup relations between the two Tables where I have a filed named “Matching Field for Object ID” in both tables that are linked to each other.

Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 12.40.56.png

Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 12.42.28.png

What I am trying to do:

On the Meeting Notes tab I have put Fields from the ’Notes Data’ (Date, Meeting Type, Meeting Notes & Decision).

On the ‘Meeting Notes’ tab I want to have buttons to jump between the different posts in the ‘Notes Data’ that are related to the Person displayed in the main Layout.

But when I add buttons in the ‘Meeting Notes’ Tab (First, Previous, Next & Last) and push on one of them it “controls” the “Person data” and changes the Person that is displayed and not the “Notes Data” displayed in the “Meeting Notes” Tab.

How do I link the buttons to “control” ’Notes data’ and step though the different Notes data posts related to the Person?

Outcomes