7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2016 2:46 AM by Markus Schneider

How to determine FMGo version?

mark_b

I now have FMGo14 and FMGo15 on my iPad.  The icon for each is slightly different (different gradent direction).  Where do I go to determine which version is which?

• 1. Re: How to determine FMGo version?
          mikebeargie

FileMaker Pro 15 Help

Get(ApplicationVersion) will return version after Go or Go_iPad

• 2. Re: How to determine FMGo version?
            Mike_Mitchell

The icon that is pink at the top is 14. The icon that's purple at the top is 15.

In addition to Get ( ApplicationVersion ), you can view the version inside the app using the little pull-down in the upper left hand corner and choosing "Settings". (This only works if you have a database open.)

2 of 2 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: How to determine FMGo version?
              mark_b

Thanks Mike,  that was what I was looking for.  I didn't want to write a script just to tell what version I was using.

• 4. Re: How to determine FMGo version?
                philmodjunk

You can also tap the gear icon and select help. The window that opens contains the version title.

• 5. Re: How to determine FMGo version?
                  Markus Schneider

We have this as well, for us it's an issue!

- the gear icon goes to the website, fine if one has net

- the web site does not show the version number on the start page

- the color difference of the icon is not a thing that people (end users) recognize clearly

we have had this issue a few days back when a user called for support because his solution crashed all the time after updating to iOS10. He wasn't even able to enter some text in a field

we got a test iPad (same as the customer, iPad Air2) and we were not able to reproduce. Customer was _not_ able to tell what version he was running, he just said 'should be the latest)

- we asked the customer to delete FMGo and reload it from the app-store

-> reaction: 'Uhh... looks a bit different than the one before...) -> he was running Go14

(btw. We were not able to have Go14 on iOS10 to crash with that solution either)

would be really helpfull to have the version-number available somewhere directly in FMGo. We added now a line in the startup script to get the version numer and store that in a variable....

• 6. Re: How to determine FMGo version?
                    Mike_Mitchell

For just such situations, I’ve programmed a popover with various important information about the solution:

- Device version

- iOS version

- FM Go version

- Solution version

- User priv set

- User account name

The user can tap a popover button that says “Diagnostics” to get all that information. Screen shots are good (assuming you can teach the user how to do that).   

• 7. Re: How to determine FMGo version?
                      Markus Schneider

yes! We added that info into a variable while running the startup-script, but it would be fine to get that info in general, means a user creates hisher own 'app' and calls us later for support

(-: