AnsweredAssumed Answered

Lost FMGo Solutions?

Question asked by mark_b on Oct 31, 2016
Latest reply on Nov 1, 2016 by rgordon

I'm not a guru with iPad by any means. (Actually really get frustrated with it)  I have been using several FMP 14 solutions on my iPad for some time.  I followed the hint to update the IOS to 10.0.1 a couple of weeks ago.  Since then I have not been able to open those solutions from FMGo14.  So I checked this site and found that there is a problem with the new iOS with FMGo 14.  So this morning the iPad was updated to 10.1.1.  And I read that I need to run FMGo 15 so I deleted FMGo14 and installed FMGo15 and did the update.  Now I can't find any of my solutions.  I'm guessing that FMGo15 plays in a different sandbox than FMGo14. (Don't understand that since it is still Filemaker)  I can re-upload the main files from my PC, but there was a file that contained data entered on the iPad. The empty file is on the PC, but it doesn't contain the "Notes" that were entered on the iPad. So I went to try to recover that one file from my backup (iCloud).  But that doesn't seem to be able to find my iPad even though I just did the update and backup from iTunes on my PC.  I get the message to turn on "Find My iPad".  But it is turned on, and always has been.  So the main question is: How to I recover my lost file from FMGo14 so I can use it with FMGo15?

Outcomes