2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 1, 2016 6:19 PM by keywords

How do I import sub summary values from one table into another

john100rd

Hi, how do I import sub summary values from one table into another without exporting first?

• 1. Re: How do I import sub summary values from one table into another
          erolst

Well, for one, you could import from the file into itself.

But what's wrong with exporting/importing, anyway? The advantage here is that the Export dialog allows writing pre-summarized values, which in other scenarios are a bit more convoluted to extract.

If you write a script that exports to the Temp folder and re-imports, this can be done totally seamless, and you don't have to worry about cleaning up the temp export file.

• 2. Re: How do I import sub summary values from one table into another
            keywords

In replying I'm trying to imagine what you are doing this for, and I assume that maybe you need to capture a frozen in time set of values. If that's the case, I think what I would do would be to pass the sub-summary values into a static field in the target file using the GetSummary ( ) function. As this is likely to be a periodic task, and as you are passing data from one table to another, you may need to set up a script which you can run whenever needed. Alternately, if you simply want the figures posted automatically when a record is created in the target file you may be able to set it up as an auto-enter by calculation operation.