2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2016 11:44 AM by ezeitgeist

MasterDetail2.0 slowed

ezeitgeist

I'm using Todd Geist's MasterDetail2.0 module in one of my layouts. I have approx 1,000 records being displayed. It will likely grow to 1,500 within the next month. It already takes 40 seconds to load the layout initially (and when showing "ALL" after a search). My guess this is because of calculated fields that I have and because it is pulling fields from two different tables.

I have a few calculated fields that consist of calculations similar to (this is for "Contact:: Region Override"): If ( IsEmpty ( Companies::Region ); Region Override; Companies::Region )

This allows me to display the Individual Contact's Region if they are not associated with a specific company at the time. (Ie. If Company Region exists, it displays that in Contact:: Region Override, but if the Contact is not associated with a Company and thus the Company Region is empty, it will display the entered Region Override information).

I have this calculation on 4 fields, and then one more calculation that combines First and Last name fields into a single field.

Could this be what is slowing it down so much? No sum fields and no other calculation fields.

If those are slowing it down so much, how can I speed it up/change the calculations to not slow it down? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• 1. Re: MasterDetail2.0 slowed
          ezeitgeist

If I replaced the Calculations with something like 2 separate fields (one on top of each other) with the Company field being to the top layer and script in hide Company field when empty (thus showing the non-company field), would that be more or less efficient for speeding up Filemaker WebDirect?

• 2. Re: MasterDetail2.0 slowed
            ezeitgeist

For anyone else who runs into this problem the solution was to make sure there was NO calculation field in any of the main fields that defines the left side display field items. If needed, using an auto-enter and indexing made it super fast again.

1 of 1 people found this helpful