3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2017 10:07 AM by bigtom

Server to cloud

tessckde

How do I migrate my server account to a cloud account?

• 1. Re: Server to cloud
          trentsmill

The answer to your question is call FM tech support. They spent a few hours with me while making the full installation. I also purchased a t2.Large Instance with 8GB memory plus two volumes for storage. 30GB for system and 40GB for data and backups. If you are new to AWS, I recommend paying for Developer support. So far so good. Keep in mind that networking speeds will suffer as compared to local ethernet.

I decided to not go with the FMCloud server services as I was told that the user licenses and server license we currently have are not useable with that cloud system. (Tip: Windows Server)

I would be interested to hear from others who are using AWS to host their FMS.

• 2. Re: Server to cloud
            wimdecorte

tessckde wrote:

How do I migrate my server account to a cloud account?

Server license?

The AWS Marketplace as a FileMaker Cloud BYOL option that allows you to convert.  But consider it carefully; if you don't currently have your license as "filemaker licensing for teams" (FLT), using the BYOL conversion will convert to FLT.  You may or may not want that.

• 3. Re: Server to cloud
              bigtom

wimdecorte is correct and you will be converted to FLT. Be careful.