7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 3, 2016 7:12 PM by jaime

Matchmaking issue

jaime

I have to arrange meetings for a group of 10 companies (A), with a group of other 10 companies (B).    Each company from group A should meet all the companies of group B.   This should be held in two rounds of 5 sessions each. 

Would it be possible to set the meetings for every company of group A with a script that overlook the spaces availble and without conflicting one to another?

• 1. Re: Matchmaking issue
          coherentkris

Yes it is possible.

• 2. Re: Matchmaking issue
            coherentkris

But you don't want to know if its possible you want to know how to do it.

Unfortunately we don't have enough info about what you have done thusfar to give you specific directions.

set var help_me = "vague"

print help_me

screen shows "vague"

• 3. Re: Matchmaking issue
              jaime

Yes, I would like to know how to do it.   First to match a company from group A with a company from group B.     I would like that once I have that match, the company from group B do not appear anymore in the list of companies availables.

Then, to find the space and once found, that it appears as blocked.  Can FileMaker do all of this?

• 4. Re: Matchmaking issue
                philmodjunk
                Then, to find the space and once found, that it appears as blocked. 

Please explain what you mean by that. What do you mean by "find the space"? What do you mean by "space"?

We can use loops with a dwindling list method to pair up every company in one group with every company in the other but without duplication. But the above statement is not clear as to what you mean. It would also be helpful to tell us how you have specified which companies are in the list for A and which for B? Do you have a set of 20 records in a table with a field that identifies whether they are "A" or "B" or are they organized in some other fashion?

• 5. Re: Matchmaking issue
                  jaime

The companies in group A are 1 to 10.   In group B, 11 to 20.   Company 1 should meet all of the group B, no matter what order.  

JB

Enviado desde mi iPhone

El 03-11-2016, a las 18:39, philmodjunk <noreply@filemaker.com> escribió:

Matchmaking issue

respuesta de philmodjunk en Discussions - Ver la discusión completa

Then, to find the space and once found, that it appears as blocked.

Please explain what you mean by that. What do you mean by "find the space"? What do you mean by "space"?

We can use loops with a dwindling list method to pair up every company in one group with every company in the other but without duplication. But the above statement is not clear as to what you mean. It would also be helpful to tell us how you have specified which companies are in the list for A and which for B? Do you have a set of 20 records in a table with a field that identifies whether they are "A" or "B" or are they organized in some other fashion?

Responda este mensaje respondiendo este email, o ingrese al mensaje en FileMaker Community

Inicie una nueva discusión en Discussions por email o en FileMaker Community

Siguiendo a Matchmaking issue en estos flujos: Entrada

Manage your email preferences

FileMaker Developer Conference 2017 • Phoenix, Arizona • July 24-26 • www.filemaker.com/learning/devcon

• 6. Re: Matchmaking issue
                    philmodjunk

That didn't answer any of my questions.

The companies in group A are 1 to 10.   In group B, 11 to 20.

That could mean that you have a set of 20 records. It could be 1 repeating field with 20 repetitions. It could mean 20 individual fields.

And I repeat this question:

What did you mean by "find the space"? What do you mean by "space"?

• 7. Re: Matchmaking issue
                      jaime

I would say 20 individual fields. 

By space I mean the time of the meeting.    It will be 5 "30 minutes" meetings in the morning and 5 in the afternoon.  All in the same time for everybody. 

So, when company 1 is meeting company 11 in session 1, the same will happen with company 2 and 12 and so on. 

C

The next meeting for company 1 will be with company 12, in session 2. 

What it is necessary to consider is that company 1 cannot have nor assigned another meetings in session 1 because it is already taken.  

Do I am clear?

Best,

JB

Enviado desde mi iPhone

El 03-11-2016, a las 20:48, philmodjunk <noreply@filemaker.com> escribió:

Matchmaking issue

respuesta de philmodjunk en Discussions - Ver la discusión completa

That didn't answer any of my questions.

The companies in group A are 1 to 10.   In group B, 11 to 20.

That could mean that you have a set of 20 records. It could be 1 repeating field with 20 repetitions. It could mean 20 individual fields.

And I repeat this question:

What did you mean by "find the space"? What do you mean by "space"?

Responda este mensaje respondiendo este email, o ingrese al mensaje en FileMaker Community

Inicie una nueva discusión en Discussions por email o en FileMaker Community

Siguiendo a Matchmaking issue en estos flujos: Entrada

Manage your email preferences

FileMaker Developer Conference 2017 • Phoenix, Arizona • July 24-26 • www.filemaker.com/learning/devcon