7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2016 7:25 AM by TSGal

BUG: FileMaker Pro v15.0.2 Scroll Wheel Issues in Windows

AaronSchacht

This apparently is an issue that has existed for some time and has not been addressed.

Scrolling in List view works intermittently in Windows.  There is no real pattern to this problem, but it can be duplicated easily.  Sometimes the scroll wheel works as you hover your mouse over one area of the layout, while in other areas of the layout it simply does not work.  Moving the mouse to the rightmost part of the layout and then scrolling with the wheel usually (if not always) works.

This seems to be a problem when multiple monitors are connected and FMP is not running on the primary display.  Many of my clients run multiple displays and unfortunately the vast majority of my clients are running on the Windows platform.

Note that there are often other display anomalies (remnants of lines, shapes, etc) that show when scrolling through lists in FMP on Windows.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: BUG: FileMaker Pro v15.0.2 Scroll Wheel Issues in Windows
          TSGal

AaronSchacht:

Thank you for your post.

Can you describe your layout?  The objects on your layout?  For example, do you have any Interactive objects (Web Viewer or Interactive Container field)?  Any grouped objects?

For clarification, have you been able to reproduce the issue on a single display or primary display?

What version of Windows are the clients running?

Any other information you can provide may be helpful in narrowing down possible causes.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: BUG: FileMaker Pro v15.0.2 Scroll Wheel Issues in Windows
            AaronSchacht

Thank you for the quick response!  The layouts are pretty simple.  No interactive or grouped objects.

It seems that the issue does NOT happen in a single display setup.  If you have multiple displays in Windows (in this case, we're dealing with Windows 10), then the scrolling issue reveals itself.

I am happy to duplicate the issue and produce a video if you'd like.  I'd have to get to my customer's site to duplicate.

• 3. Re: BUG: FileMaker Pro v15.0.2 Scroll Wheel Issues in Windows
              TSGal

AaronSchacht:

Thank you for the additional information.

There is no need for a video at this time.  However, I'd like to know what monitors are being used (make and models), what are the screen resolutions, where the secondary monitor is placed in relation to the primary monitor (left, bottom, right, top as well as top-aligned, middle-aligned, etc.), and what video card is being used.

Is the standard mouse/scroll wheel being used, or is it a third-party device?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: BUG: FileMaker Pro v15.0.2 Scroll Wheel Issues in Windows
                CarolHunneyman

I found this post today because I have a new user experiencing the same symptoms:

FileMaker Pro 15.0.2.222

Primary Monitor: Dell E2310H 1920x1080

Secondary Monitor: Dell 1708FP 1280x1024

She is using FM Pro on primary monitor.

Secondary monitor is on the right of primary.

List layout contains a container field, a popover, a few merge fields, a few buttons

objects overlap each other/rows overlap each other when scrolling

User said it seems to help when she maximizes FileMaker Pro.

I do NOT experience the symptoms:

FileMaker Pro Advanced 15.0.2.222

Primary Monitor: LG W2052 1680x1050

Secondary Monitor: Dell E198WFP 1440x900

App is mostly used on primary monitor'

Secondary monitor is on the right of primary.

Both computers use a pretty new/standard wired Dell Mouse. 

• 5. Re: BUG: FileMaker Pro v15.0.2 Scroll Wheel Issues in Windows
                  TSGal

CarolHunneyman:

For clarification, if the secondary monitor is removed from the non-working setup, does the issue still occur?

What is the alignment of the secondary monitors on both machines?  That is, are the tops aligned?  Center-aligned?

If you change the screen resolution on the secondary monitor, is there any impact?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 6. Re: BUG: FileMaker Pro v15.0.2 Scroll Wheel Issues in Windows
                    CarolHunneyman

REMOVE SECOND MONITOR - that's going to be a tough one. The user is the attendance clerk at a school, and I have to choose a time that doesn't interrupt her very busy day. Perhaps can experiment after the new year.

ALIGNMENT - Top Aligned

DISPLAY TEXT SIZE - it just dawned on me...she has her text size set to 125% and I think that's important to throw in the mix. I know I put WebDirect users back to 100% to help screen drawing (Chrome in general has some issues with a zoomed setting). This user didn't want to go to 100%. I will spend some time on her computer after the winter school break and play with this.

FILEMAKER FOR USER CONNECTIONS - Also want to note I used the User Connections installer for her installation.

• 7. Re: BUG: FileMaker Pro v15.0.2 Scroll Wheel Issues in Windows
                      TSGal

CarolHunneyman:

Thank you for the additional information.

There are some known issues under Windows if the screen display is set to anything other than 100%.  There is no need to remove the second monitory, but temporarily change the display settings in Windows to 100% and see if the issue still occurs.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.