3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2016 8:12 AM by TSGal

Can't paste in web direct v15

User29172

Some web direct users on Chrome are not happy that they can't use the mouse to copy/paste text in web direct. I thought it may be a limitation of Chrome, but in other web forms they are able to copy/paste with contextual menu. I don't see this mentioned anywhere as a limitation of web direct.

• 1. Re: Can't paste in web direct v15
          TSGal

andyknas:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue using Chrome 54 under macOS Sierra 10.12.1.  This is what I have done:

1. Using Chrome, I accessed the Web Direct home page for a FileMaker Server 15 machine.

2. I opened the FMServer_Sample.fmp12.

3. In the first record, I highlighted the entire contents of the Task field ("Site Map Sketch"), and copied it to the clipboard.

4. I put my cursor at the end of the Description field and successfully pasted the text.

Let me know what I am doing differently than you so I can replicate the issue.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Can't paste in web direct v15
            User29172

Did you try with the contextual menu? The command/ctrl keys work for copy/paste, but the contextual menu is disabled. It works in other web forms, and even on the web direct login. It doesn't work in web direct text fields. I tried in Chrome on Mac/Win, IE Win, Safari Mac.

• 3. Re: Can't paste in web direct v15
              TSGal

andyknas:

My apologies.  I misread your initial post.

In Web Direct, the contextual menus only work for Container fields and Web Viewers.  I am also unable to locate this information in the documentation, so I have asked this information be added to the documentation, and I have also put in a request to implement this in a future release.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.